• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wiggle Necking Triggers

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Hey all,

I'm just curious if all of your feathered babies have certain things they wiggle neck to; wiggle neck triggers, so to speak.

I've noticed Paulie will sometimes wiggle neck when he's eating, he'll wiggle neck to my ear on occasion, but lately he's especially fond of wiggle necking to Kleenex.

What about you guys?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Pichu did a little dance to Nova once as she was standing over him (she was on the top of his cage and he was inside). He usually launches at her or hides away.
When we got him he also had a little period where he was wiggling at the milk box, tea box, and anything blue-green. Went over after one or two weeks.
I think they do it when they are happy, doesn't need to be courting behavior, but of course it is a good idea to keep an eye on them and see if it goes over or not.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I dont have a parrotlet, but I am here for this content :xflove: Also if anyone wants to post photos/videos of their little wiggle necks... :birdance:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Paulie sounds like a adolescent little parrotlet. Neptune had a very wiggly phase. He is a lot calmer now :)

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
@fashionfobie Paulie is at or a little over 6 months now (don't have my calendar with me at the moment) so your assessment is most certainly correct. :heart:

I am keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't really regurgitate. That's something I'm most concerned with about the Kleenex since he will come running on his little feet to wiggle neck it.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That is cute! Neptune must have a very different outlook from Micah, Micah gets SO MAD when he sees outside birds. They are encroaching on his territory! He does NOT approve.
Well he has changed his mind about the miner birds. Now that Bob, our miner bird neighbor, has a his own chick he attackes the window. Neptune will spend a lot of time hiding in the curtains. Neptune used to get sassy at him, but I think Bob has stepped up the game on intimidating displays on the other side of the glass.

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Kai will do this when I am talking with him or when he’s finished snuggling on my chest. Never knew what it was called. I love the video. So cute.

littlebirdfam

Checking out the neighborhood
My male parrotlet Cirrus will do this any time he gets to visit with my female parrotlet Emerald. They grew up together (handfed babies from different parents) so he's super fond of her! It's adorable.