• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why?????

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Reynolds Oven Bags | Reynolds

or....

Grill and Oven Bags

As per Reynolds, they are PTFE-free, although some more research may need to be conducted. Is one safe and not the other? Are both safe? Are both safe when used appropriately but dangerous when not? When people are talking about them, which ones do they mean? So many variables...

venuebirds

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
aviary lover
I kinda agree with the orignal post. People should cool off a little bit and not create a toxic environment.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The part about not knowing who is on the other side of the puter, I have a cartoon that shows a guy on one side of the computer and on the other side of the computer is a witch with a big wart on her nose.
I do agree with what has been said, some people are more dominate than others and regardless, they think they are right. I think alot of them are trolls who don't know what they are talking about.

flappergirl35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer Beckman
I just saw this post. I am a usually civil person, but I remember I belonged to a FB conure group, and I got upset because the person who asked a question didn't want to hear anything negative, even though what she was doing to her bird was dangerous and reckless. I did get upset and left the group because it was something that made me feel sick inside for that poor baby conure. A helpless 11 week old that I felt she was tormenting. I don't usually get so upset, but MAN that really boiled my blood.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I got upset because the person who asked a question didn't want to hear anything negative, even though what she was doing to her bird was dangerous and reckless. I did get upset and left the group because it was something that made me feel sick inside for that poor baby conure. A helpless 11 week old that I felt she was tormenting. I don't usually get so upset, but MAN that really boiled my blood.

I understand. It´s not easy to read something like that - it hurts. But, that sort of thing happens here to sometimes.
Only recently there was a post that got me so angry (understatement) and upset. Instead of just slamming the *person* or ignoring them, I opted to give many tips to better the birds life (one was the possibility of rehoming). At least there was then a chance that this birds life could get better - after all, they came and asked for help, like the case of the facebook conure girl. Maybe she got help after all?

I think it is only natural to be upset and angry when we hear about someones bird suffering so I totally respect that you decided to leave that facebook group ❤

flappergirl35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer Beckman
I think the part that annoyed me most is that she was asking the group if it was okay, but mentioned that she didn't want to hear anything negative, including criticism. She expected everyone to be nice to her, when she clearly wasn't doing a nice thing. I did express my view and told her that what she was doing was wrong in my opinion, and then I left the group. I'd read other things there that bothered me, but the sheer ignorance and lack of decency this person showed was too much for me to handle. It's really the only time I've gotten overtly upset with anyone in a Facebook group. I've since decided not to join any more groups like that, but I really like AA because that kind of behavior is discouraged and I find that most people here are here because they love their birds.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
I’ve gone Andy looked up AA on other forums... they like to call us fascists xD

flappergirl35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer Beckman
I’ve gone Andy looked up AA on other forums... they like to call us fascists xD
If caring about the well-being and safety of animals makes me a fascist, then so be it. I'll gladly wear that label and proudly. I don't believe I'm a fascist in any way, and it further shows ignorance on the part of people using those words to describe us.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I don't feel as though they understand the meaning of fascist. That is hilarious.

Sandra Gibson

Walking the driveway
I have only seen it here once, the person seemed to be demeaning everyone's Bird diet and demanding hers was the right way, but just ignore the know it all's we are all her for support and encouragement, help and ideas for our beloved Birds :)