• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why Lorikeets are Worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Despite their squirty poop! :D

I used to be dead set against owning a lorikeet simply because I've experienced their very squirty poop.

Luckily I found a baby lorikeet in need of some help and I took him in. Now with hindsight I realise I would have made a very big mistake if I never allowed a lorikeet to enter my life!

They are totally worth it. Squirty poops and all! :D

Lorikeets are exceptionally energetic. They want to be around you all the time. They can be cuddly, but because of their high energy level, they would rather play and wrestle with you instead. :)

Yes, they are exceptionally messy from both ends (they fling their food and squirt their poop) and can even be loud at times, but... well, I'll let the following photos speak for themselves. ;)

Beanie is going through a moult. I started out by giving him head scritches but it ended up turning into a game! :p

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Kelsey,
Your lorikeet is a beauty! You are
right, they are great. I have a little olive
head or perfect lorikeet named Turbo. He is
a sweet little clown. I love him dearly.

Judy

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Beanie is beautiful.

I miss our little Scaly Breasted Lorikeet. He got rehomed when we moved from Australia to the US.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
omg gorgeous birds!

hsmoscout

I love the colors of the feathers on lorikeets' heads! :D

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Kelsey,
Your lorikeet is a beauty! You are
right, they are great. I have a little olive
head or perfect lorikeet named Turbo. He is
a sweet little clown. I love him dearly.

Judy
Thank you! :D

Ha ha ha! Turbo is the perfect name for a lorikeet! :p Olive-headed Lorikeets are gorgeous. They look like ripening mangoes to me.

Those are some gorgeous pictures!:heart::heart:
Thanks! :)

Beanie is beautiful.

I miss our little Scaly Breasted Lorikeet. He got rehomed when we moved from Australia to the US.

Awww, he is stunning! I have a Scaly-breasted too. They are such charming little guys. It must have been so difficult for you to give him up. :(

He is very cute, & looks like a lot of fun! :)
Thank you, he is! :D

omg gorgeous birds!
Thanks! :D

You have some stunning creatures there!! :eek:
Thank you! :)

I love the colors of the feathers on lorikeets' heads! :D
Thanks! Most of them do seem to have that gorgeous blue sheen to their head feathers. :loveshower:

Beanie is gorgeous!!! does he get along with your other fids? how are the budgies?
Thank you! :) Beanie is still in quarantine as I've only had him for a week. He went to the vet yesterday for a general health check-up and he is perfectly healthy (apart from being slightly overweight). So in 6 weeks he will be meeting Dende, my other lorikeet. :D

My budgies are doing alright. I now only have Monster, Bubblegum, Artemis, Piccolo and Pickpocket left after that horrible illness swept through my budgie flock. :( Artemis has also developed a tumour and it's now just a matter of time before I need to make the decision to have him put to sleep. I think he's still got a fair amount of life in him still.

So all in all, things could be better. :o:

How are your fids doing?

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
They sure look like a lot of fun. At the zoo here in oregon they have a lorikeet walk in and thats the only interaction I have had.

I love videos and pictures and wouldnt mind one someday :)

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
I agree, Lorikeets are well worth it! I had a Rainbow Lorikeet named Skittles and if I ever get another chance to be owned by one, I'll take it.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Thank you! :) Beanie is still in quarantine as I've only had him for a week. He went to the vet yesterday for a general health check-up and he is perfectly healthy (apart from being slightly overweight). So in 6 weeks he will be meeting Dende, my other lorikeet. :D

My budgies are doing alright. I now only have Monster, Bubblegum, Artemis, Piccolo and Pickpocket left after that horrible illness swept through my budgie flock. :( Artemis has also developed a tumour and it's now just a matter of time before I need to make the decision to have him put to sleep. I think he's still got a fair amount of life in him still.

So all in all, things could be better. :o:

How are your fids doing?
I am sorry to hear about Artemis :( :hug8:

My guys are doing okay :) I will post some updates very soon. I have been dealing with some problems and haven't been able to take pictures in awhile but hopefully I will get back into the swing of things soon. :dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.