• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Why is his poop green?!

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
We’re feeding my 2. Mo old green cheek Zupreem natural pellets and Zupreem fruit blend pellets and his poop is a lime green/brown. Everywhere I’ve read says that’s a serious problem and I’m really worried!
image.jpg
I’m immediately taking him off the fruit pellets and I am going to see what happens!

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Fruit pellets will dye the droppings different colors. My vet told me he can't count the number of times people have rushed their bird to him thinking it was blood and it was red pellets. :) If he's acting normally otherwise, my guess is it's the fruil pellets (you're referring to the colored ones, right?)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
0f175a6bf2d0d18bb92a3e39a2401ff4.jpg

As mentioned, Zupreem Fruity has artificial dyes that do present in interesting ways in the feces

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
We’re feeding my 2. Mo old green cheek Zupreem natural pellets and Zupreem fruit blend pellets and his poop is a lime green/brown. Everywhere I’ve read says that’s a serious problem and I’m really worried!
View attachment 346598
View attachment 346601

As mentioned, Zupreem Fruity has artificial dyes that do present in interesting ways in the feces
Thank goodness. I was really worried. He converted from a seed diet on the first day so that might also be a factor. He is acting normal too. Thank you so much! This is a big relief.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like completely normal poop.