• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why does my bird have a cleavage line?

Ramy

Moving in
Real Name
Ramy
Whne I bought my bird they told me she was was Female. Is it a female trait to have a cleavage line? whats the purpose of it and what does it mean. there's no answers on google for this so here I am. Thank You!!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
What species is your bird?
Can you post a photo that shows what you're seeing?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
She’s overweight. Get a vet check for recommendations. That’s what my female caique is slowly losing. @Mizzely has a nifty chart of keel bones

Ramy

Moving in
Real Name
Ramy
She’s overweight. Get a vet check for recommendations. That’s what my female caique is slowly losing. @Mizzely has a nifty chart of keel bones
I have another weight and thanks for the picture I realize he's underweight. What should I feed my yellow sided conure if he's under weight

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have another weight and thanks for the picture I realize he's underweight. What should I feed my yellow sided conure if he's under weight
What is he eating now? Do you give him 24/7 access to food?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
If he has "cleavage", he is overweight not underweight. Obesity inn parrots can cause numerous health problems.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I would start with a kitchen scale and weigh your bird. Then you will know for sure how overweight he/she may be. If you can list what you are currently feeding your feathered friend we can try to help you make adjustments. Also it is a good idea to get a vet check if you haven't already.

Ramy

Moving in
Real Name
Ramy
I would start with a kitchen scale and weigh your bird. Then you will know for sure how overweight he/she may be. If you can list what you are currently feeding your feathered friend we can try to help you make adjustments. Also it is a good idea to get a vet check if you haven't already.
he is eating normal seeds and conure food. whenever I give him sun flower seeds he just bits them and drops them on the floor (idk if the size of the sun flower seeds matter) but even then I cracked open the sunflower seed for him but he still drops the seed. [ps: how do I put the name and depiction of my birds just like you do?

Ramy

Moving in
Real Name
Ramy
What is he eating now? Do you give him 24/7 access to food?
he is eating normal seeds and conure food. whenever I give him sun flower seeds he just bits them and drops them on the floor (idk if the size of the sun flower seeds matter) but even then I cracked open the sunflower seed for him but he still drops the seed. [ps: how do I put the name and depiction of my birds just like you do?

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Do you have picture that shows the cleavage line that you are seeing?

Before changing her diet, it is important to establish if her current weight is too high, too low, or just right. Do you have more than one bird?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
here's the picture. shes past away already ): I just want to know some things about her
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's hard for me to tell from that pic is she was over/under weight.

Here's a link on how to put the pics at the bottom: How To: - How to add a signature