• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why does my bird do this wierd small svrech sound every 2 seconds??

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
I dont know how to descrive it but its like a "scre Scre?"..2 sec "scre? Scre" their like small not lound screches ge does it especialy when they out of the cage and he only shuts up when i talk Whispering and give him attention.ive only had them for less than two weeks . Why is he doing this? Its honestly getting anoying after a while and i would like to know if theres a way he can redusee doing this sound. Thanks

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Could you upload a video of your bird making the sound?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As above a video would be good, how old is your bird ?
2 weeks is a short period of time for a bird to settle in, you say this stops when you give attention this could just be your bird seeking attention after leaving its flock.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I agree, a video would be needed because often you need to also see the body language to interpret a sound.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
This is exactly what one of mine does. In his case it is nervousness. He did a lot for the first to months we had him along with looking like he wanted to fly but he was clipped and couldn’t. A video would help to know if yours is doing it in the same context.

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
This is exactly what one of mine does. In his case it is nervousness. He did a lot for the first to months we had him along with looking like he wanted to fly but he was clipped and couldn’t. A video would help to know if yours is doing it in the same context.
Mine is clipped too he runs around and looks alot around fast honestly the fact he cant fly hurts

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have a vid ?

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Mine is clipped too he runs around and looks alot around fast honestly the fact he cant fly hurts
I think he sounds very nervous and insecure. A video would help because there are other options, but that’s what it sounds like to me. Try to offer him a safe secure place to hide and see is that helps. Not being able to fly can have a great effect on their mental state, offer him as much choices as you can that may help.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A video would help it could be the bird nervous and just settling in, it could be hungry, have you taken him to the vets for a vet check ?