• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who's crazy enough to admit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Common tell me! Who is crazy about their cockatoo's screams and noises?

I may be bananas:)cool1:) but I actually love to hear my 'toos scream. Its just so full of energy and emotion, and just says a lot about my 'toos.

I love to see them fluffing up, jumping up and down, wings flapping, cresty erect and letting out a good old scream.

I actually encourage it a couple times a days, usually morning and at night during our excersizing times. Its always fun to let out a good old scream with the 'toos too :D

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
I will be honest, while I have not lived with them, I love the noise/scream of Macaws. I know this is in the cockatoo section, but still, I do!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Mercedez, you are truly nuts!:) Reggie has different screams and the one he uses the most often and the one I absolutely cannot stand is the "I want attention, where are you, come and get me right this instant!" Every so often, you will hear his "OMG! I'm so excited about life" scream and that one makes me happy but he does it so infrequently. Then of course there is his baby D2 whine that he still does when he's so dejected that his "come here right this instant" scream hasn't gotten him anywhere and that makes me laugh. I love the whine!:)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Happy screams I can live with and they do them plenty.....the other screams???

Not so much.:rolleyes:

Hendryx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
Nope! your not bananas! I love the screaming,roudyness and crazy times all my birds have! When they scream,I scream,we all dance around screaming like lunitics! I also encourage it..I yell "come on guys you can be louder than that" makes me happy that they are happy..so mercedez if your bananas then I'm out right bonkers! lol..

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
I love the chitter chatter of everyone. Sams screams dont bother me...he only screams if he needs something. Like food, bed time or something. So I hear screams at meal times and bed. He has his jibber jabber that I love.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I will be honest, while I have not lived with them, I love the noise/scream of Macaws. I know this is in the cockatoo section, but still, I do!

Now THATS crazy!:cool1: I like it. :lol:

Mercedez, you are truly nuts!:) Reggie has different screams and the one he uses the most often and the one I absolutely cannot stand is the "I want attention, where are you, come and get me right this instant!"
But thats the best scream of all!

Every so often, you will hear his "OMG! I'm so excited about life" scream and that one makes me happy but he does it so infrequently. Then of course there is his baby D2 whine that he still does when he's so dejected that his "come here right this instant" scream hasn't gotten him anywhere and that makes me laugh. I love the whine!:)
Awww.:hehe::hehe:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Nope! your not bananas! I love the screaming,roudyness and crazy times all my birds have! When they scream,I scream,we all dance around screaming like lunitics! I also encourage it..I yell "come on guys you can be louder than that" makes me happy that they are happy..so mercedez if your bananas then I'm out right bonkers! lol..

Brides, I think we'd have a GREAT o time if we ever met :D lol

I love encouraging screams during our excersizes.

Bokka is the only one who does the needy "I want you right this instant" scream. I encourage it. I'll contact call back. After a few moments, he'll be quiet and come look for me (What a good boy!).:dance5:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Happy screams I can live with and they do them plenty.....the other screams???

Not so much.:rolleyes:
I love it when Bokka is on me and he does the "Im the man of THIS roost" scream at others. He'll straighten his feathers flat, and his crest will be fully erect, and he'll flap his wings, have his head at an angle and SCREAM:cool1:

I love the chitter chatter of everyone. Sams screams dont bother me...he only screams if he needs something. Like food, bed time or something. So I hear screams at meal times and bed. He has his jibber jabber that I love.
Same sounds GREAT. Sam reminds me of Louie and Reo. I'd only hear the two if they wanted something, it wasnt loud. Louie would repeat his name ever so sweetly:cool1: and whenever I or my mom suddenly left the room, you will hear a louder, sweet voice "LOUU-IEEE?" and then a short contact call, and then quiet.

Reo will fluff up and swing his head back and forth in a crazy cockatoo rut and scream (not really a true scream, but lots of loud "YEP-YEP-YEP"

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I love seeing Nani crazy happy happy and screaming! I get a little strange too with my dancing and singing ! SHe loves it!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Truly wish i lived in a place i could let mango scream but dont so the only screams i get is where are you no you cant leave me he was screaming when i went out i always say momma is going bye byes and i wave bye bye to him he would holar for a few min but now when i say im going bye bye hes very quiet goes to his sleep perch and sits hes still there hrs later when i come home hasent moved didnt play i know that cause i have placed toys in spots ones he plays with most and there still there it breaks my heart i cant let him truly be a bird in the screaming but other than that hes free flys is loved and eats well so we will make do

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Aww Mango misses his mama:hug8: He is such a sweet heart.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Aww Mango misses his mama:hug8: He is such a sweet heart.
HIS FAVORITE SAYINF DID YOU MISS YOUR MOMMA DID YOU MISS YOUR MOMA ABOUT 5 MIN AFTER I GET IN IM TO FEEL GUILTY IM THINKING :rofl::rofl:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I don't mind my birdies screams at all. I like the noise, it makes my house feel alive! :heart:

wolfysluv

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
rebecca stout
Wow, thank you for starting this thread. I thought I was alone. My kids do not like their noise at all. The hubby and on rare occasion the kids, like it when Tika cries out in a very human tone ..."Ahhhhhhhhh", that she does onley when shes extremely happy. We all do it back to her lol. When she starts squawking and screaming it's only when she's flapping all about wildely and I think that is so much fun. I don't cre if we are in the middle of a movie. It's well worth it to pause, join in with her and laugh. It never lasts more than a few minutes any way. I think the loud "Mothra" call from Godzilla when we leave the room is funny. Especially when I see other peoples faces. The angry chipmunk chatter and gobbley goops that a Goffin makes are awesomely unique and hillarious. I mean she is telling us ALL about it when she goes off on those tangents. Her soft little whines are adorable. I like all of the sounds, no matter how loud except for one. The Grudge (from the movie the Grudge). It is looooooooud and it is cooooooooooonstant when she gets going. She only does it when she is throwing a temper tantrum and is jealous. You'd think she'd shout and have outbursts if she is jealous. Nope, she opens her mouth and lets out this horrible ongoing thing that last forever. takes a breath. Or ends it wtih a quick scream and starts all over again. I have videos of this hideous thing she does. And it never ends. So if she wants out of the cage while we are trying to play a movie, it does not stop. Horrible.

Either way, I'd take any and all of that above my budgies yapping, chattering, screaming, beeping that they do without taking a breath ALL day long. I'm not the only one in the house that feels that way either. And yet, they are listed as one of the quietest birds to have in a home. Yah, tell that to the bill collectors and such that call and try to talk over top of the racket.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
chaz our Macaw lets out a real noisy grating scream first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
John has tried to tell him to stop, but I think they need to do it as it is as nature intended. I know he is happy when he does it and that is good enough for me.:D

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Elima has this crazy maniacal laugh that makes me laugh whch only makes her do it more and louder. She even does the catching your breath sound so it comes out as "ah ahahahahahahahaha <gasp> ahahahhahahhahahahahha!" The I want attention screams I really don't like. Topper makes eeeeping noises that I think is her imitation of the alarm although lately she'll do three of them in a row eep eep eep right in my face if I get her really worked up and I don't mind that one so much as long as I am prepared. Elima's screams sound like an old 56k modem trying to connect and when she does it I tell her that we don't have dialup. :)

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
I would love for some of you to spend a week with Scout, my goffin. He has the worst scream I've ever heard and he loves to do it!! I'd rather hear a U2, or M2 anyday.
But, Scout makes up for it in his loving ways. He can be a real sweetheart, loves cuddling and hopping around; and, he can give the best kisses in the world. He's a handful but I don't know what I'd do without him. It would be a mighty boring life.

Status
Not open for further replies.