• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who's a dirty boy?!

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
My white horse, Panama, is a very dirty boy! Here he is after a deeply satisfying roll this morning. No, he's not an appaloosa with a blanket (although he'd make a cute appy!). He's supposed to be a white Andalusian. :D

I also posted a clean photo for comparison. We didn't even try to brush this mess off. Just took him straight to the wash rack!

dirtyPanama_zpsda424a7b.jpg 2012-09Panama131_zps147a795b.jpg

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Even dirty he is stunning!:heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is beautiful! Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a beautiful horse!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Lovely!:heart::heart::heart:

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You are so lucky and he is a beauty!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
That's too funny, I honestly thought he was an appy! :lol:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
He's beautiful! I bet he glows in the dark!! We used to laugh at you white/grey horse owners :D

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You have an Andalusian.??? Jealous..... Hes beautiful either way...He would be a pretty Appaloosa though...maybe for Halloween..:p

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
He is beautiful! I am scared of horses though. :o:
Thanks! This horse wouldn't help you overcome your fear, unfortunately. He's a little brat! Extremely independent, very intelligent, and knows how to remind you that you're just a passenger when you're riding him. He made my trainer look absolutely helpless by ignoring every cue and responding instead by doing fancy Spanish walk and piaffe, when she wanted to canter. If you override too strongly, he stalls out and won't move. If you're timid, he'll grab the bit and bolt, showing you exactly why you have reason to be timid! :D But if you trust him, and ASK him (instead of telling him), he will give 200% and knock your socks off with his talent and generosity. He has taught me so much in the past 18 months. I've been riding for 35 years and finally feel like I'm communicating with a horse like I should. :heart:

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
He's beautiful! I bet he glows in the dark!! We used to laugh at you white/grey horse owners :D
I've always dreamed of owning a grey horse - deep, dappled steel grey. I just don't like the part where they turn white as they age - :D And now that I've owned a grey horse, I'll do everything possible to make sure I never own another. The grooming is ridiculously time consuming and tedious, only to have them immediately roll and get filthy again. My dark brown horse NEVER looks dirty! He's always gleaming and shiny and appears clean, even when he isn't clean. :cool:

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
You have an Andalusian.??? Jealous..... Hes beautiful either way...He would be a pretty Appaloosa though...maybe for Halloween..:p
Yeah, I'd like to decorate him up with some brown spots, and some multi-colored hand prints. He's done a bunch of parades in East LA, so he loves showing off. I think he'd like it!

Grey15

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cathy
He's GORGEOUS!!! I have always wanted an Andalusian. Instead I got an appy. She was beautiful but so so stubborn!

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
My first horse was an appy, so I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them. But there's nothing worse than a stubborn appy! :D

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Gorgeous!! Even dirty. :D

I worked and rode Arabs for a time in my teenage years. I was the "hired" help. (In other words they let me "runaway" when ever I wanted to, to their house and got to play with their horses!) The mare I learned to ride on was THE BEST horse ever. Sit a 3 year old on her and she would walk...slowly no matter how much the child wanted faster. Set an rider with years of experience on her back? She gave you a run for your money.. But she was an amazing animal, taught me soo much. She saved my life when I was being "stupid" more times then I can count..and yet challenged me every single day so I learned more. My favorite saying about her is that we had a very even relationship, she saved my life as much as she tried to kill me..:lol: