• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who We Are

alexpaul

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Linda Grindstaff
Hello and it is good to be here. I am older, married and have two Red-Lored Amazons. The male is 47, and his mate is about 12 years' younger. The male, Eli, had a stroke about a year ago and stays in the bottom of their double Macaw cage on ladders husband made. He also takes antiseizure meds twice a day. My question pertains to cleaning. I use poop-off and wonder if I spray it on a cleaning cloth and wipe the poop off will it be safe for the birds. I'll have another cloth with plain water on it or a spray bottle with water in it to rinse.

I have worked with all kinds of birds since the early 70's, had my own store in Northern Calif. and worked in other people's stores in various places. I've tamed, trained and enjoyed parrots for many years' and would not trade all that for anything except maybe a million dollars tax free and interest free (just kidding, I think).

I can say that my favorite parrots are the Amazons. They are intelligent and tough and can be gentle and loving too. My two are still wild as they were a pair when I found them sick in one of the stores I worked in. As you know, one cannot tame one member of a pair as they are emotionally bonded with each other more than with the humans. I love them just the way they are and have never bred them as the market has been and is flooded with parrots. As you all may well know, some humans put a price tag on living creatures especially parrots and if they are too cheap, their worth goes down accordingly. Sad but all too true. Well, I've bent your eyes long enough and will be back later. Linda, Eli and Stella

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:welave:
We love pictures!!!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award