• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who takes their Lory out?

Ashmac

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you take your Lorikeet/Lory out and about with you - and if so how do you go about it?
I want to get mine out of the house more, however aware that their mess can be confronting for people around me!

Would love some tips and tricks on how you get your feathered buddy out with you - photos extra special!

here4birbs

Checking out the neighborhood
I definitely want to take our foster lory out but am not sure if she'll accept a harness--once I get her a harness and see if she'll accept it with some time, then I could probably figure out if she'll wear a birdy diaper. But I've been reading it's not good for birds to wear those, and probably more so for lorikeet/lory species due to how easily they can be prone to infection. So I'm thinking maybe I'll only take her to parks and that kind of thing where the mess is less of an issue? And otherwise just keep her in her travel cage. The travel cage is easy to manage and she isn't the kind of bird to projectile out of her cage, only forcefully down. It's not like I'd be able to take her to Home Depot with me but at least she could come to a friend's house for example.