• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who makes the best cage?

rompydompy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Natalie
I'm in the market to upgrade Gypsy's cage, and there are so many options, it's overwhelming! I'm torn between a couple, and am wondering what all of your thoughts are on the different manufacturers of cages? Kings, A E, Prevue, Hendryx, Giantex, etc. What do you have? What do you like and/ or dislike about it? Has anyone ever bought a real stinker of a cage? How bout those $100 huge cages on Amazon? Too good to be true, or totes awesome-o?

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I have two A&E flights and I love them. Plenty of room for many perches, toys and swings. They're great for individual or bonded paired smaller parrots. Though their bars are way to thin for anything bigger like a 'zon or Grey. My GCC loves hers, and it would make a great upgrade for any bird, in my opinion.
Worth the investment if you ask me. Good luck with whatever you choose! :D

Last edited:

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I prefer avian adventures cages very good quality

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
I have one Prevue, one A&E, and two Kings. In my opinion the Kings cages are the best quality and are my favorite cages.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Avian Adventures is my absolute favorite.

Be sure to check inside dimensions and bar spacing on those cheap cages. They usually are pretty small when you take out the seed guard dimensions, and/or have too large of spacing for a small bird.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I like my Avian Adventures cage best as well :) Strong clean welds, nice smooth finish that cleans easily, very sturdy construction, and they have high quality wheels and latches. Plus they assemble without bolts which is awesome.

noice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Anna
Prevue is good, but I like Avian Adventures the best. The build quality is awesome and assembly is very easy.

haleybethg

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haley
I have all Prevue Hendryx.

I have two of the 3151's (18x18) and two 3154's (36x24) they are very sturdy and well constructed. They're really aesthetically pleasing and priced well on Amazon, especially if you can get them on sale! One of mine was only $69!

I love that they have feeder doors, double latches on the front door (actual lock and the swing latch), easy rolling wheels that don't damage my floors. They're easy to get into to clean and rearrange. The play top is a plus, but I take the top pan out to let more light in the cage.

I have had no issues with them, but some people report the cages arriving damaged or slightly rusted. I have not had those problems and totally recommend them.

rompydompy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Natalie
thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I ended up ordering a prevue 3171- Loved the AA ones but they were out of my price range. Got my cage for $200 on Amazon and am anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I hope Gypsy love's it :D
Lucky cheekie!