• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who is louder, Lovebirds or Green Cheeks?

4feathersandfur

Meeting neighbors
Is there anyone that owns both species (lovebirds and green cheeks)? If so, which is louder in volume, pitch, and makes more noise.

Thanks in advance.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Offhand, I'd say the lovies - while the gccs can get excited and make noise they usually aren't very noisy. The lovies we had were on a perpetual cheep-cheep everywhere and all the time unless they were asleep. When Marco and Polo went to their new home the comment my hubby made was: Wow, I didn't realize how noisy the the lovebirds were.

Last edited:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I don't have any experience with lovies, but I will tell you that my Green Cheeks aren't very loud. They will sometimes have their moments when they screech over and over again, but even that isn't terribly loud. I think my budgies are louder then the cheekies. :hehe:

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
green cheeks are louder volume wise. I think lovebirds are noisier though.

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
No experience with the green cheeks but my kiwi is the worlds quietest bird. He makes the odd squeek, and mainly the only times he vocalises is when he hears the guinea pigs squealing or when he flies.

birdle

I think your lovebird is the exception rather than the rule. If you get a lovebird go into the ownership expecting near constant noise. And their noise is pretty shrill I hate it. Much prefer budgie chatter

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Green cheeks would be louder on the whole, but lovebirds more shrill/high-pitched. Depends on what bothers you more.

QBird

Jogging around the block
Got to agree with JosienBB, it's not always the volume and more what you can cope with some people find some birds shrill noises work a bit like nails on a blackboard.
Personally I would rather listen to an noisy macaw over a noisy Maroon Bellied Conure (I imagine they are very similar to the GCC's noises)