• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who are some red tail black cockatoo breeders in the US.

Copasetic

Sitting on the front steps
I know that most breeders are in Australia but I've heard that Australia doesn't allow bird exports/imports.

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Are you sure you can live with a cockatoo and have enough money to care for it? Keep in mind they are more expensive than other cockatoos.
@expressmailtome

winniezon

Jogging around the block
i think they are quite hard to find. they are also very expensive most of the time. in many places i think you need to have a licence to keep them i think australia is one of them.i can't think of anyone who would know any breeders..

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
Someone I follow on Instagram for her’s near Pittsburgh. I’ll Pm you the Instagram page- Shes big in parrot nutrition and training.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Here in the US they go for more than $20,000. I am not aware of anyone who still breeds them and sells directly to the public. I would recommend contacting Terry Timberlake if you are serious about purchasing this species.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Someone I follow on Instagram for her’s near Pittsburgh. I’ll Pm you the Instagram page- Shes big in parrot nutrition and training.
I am curious who it is. Can you pm me too. I live in Pittsburgh and thought I knew or at least knew of the local parrot people.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Yes, you're correct that Australia doesn't export/import, and you should be wary if they did, I do not like the idea of a poor bird going all the way to the otherside of the world.

Are you sure a cockatoo is the right bird for you? I am all for you getting one of these birds as they are one of my absolute favourites, but cockatoos are a huge commitment.

Also have you looked as to whether you will require any sort of licence? I don't know what the laws are like over there.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yes, you're correct that Australia doesn't export/import, and you should be wary if they did, I do not like the idea of a poor bird going all the way to the otherside of the world.

Are you sure a cockatoo is the right bird for you? I am all for you getting one of these birds as they are one of my absolute favourites, but cockatoos are a huge commitment.

Also have you looked as to whether you will require any sort of licence? I don't know what the laws are like over there.
I’m sure if someone has to pay 20k to acquire that particular species of bird, they would have thought long and hard about their ability to cope with long term and high demand commitment as well as the high costs associated with keeping large birds.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I’m sure if someone has to pay 20k to acquire that particular species of bird, they would have thought long and hard about their ability to cope with long term and high demand commitment as well as the high costs associated with keeping large birds.
I apologise, you are correct about that.