• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White spot on cere? (Parakeet)

GoldenAves

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Luciano (Luc)
Recently I noticed a white part on my budgies cere, idk if it's normal, but I tried getting as many pictures where it showed with a bad quality phone.
Kipp has had a diet change from seed to pellet and currently working on getting Kipp to eat seeds, there has been normal change in poop, and theres no signs of breathing difficulty or behavior change. I also checked maybe if there is a blockage on the nostril but its empty. Kipp does have a brown tiny crust near the nostril that might not be visible on the images.
But I just wanted to know if it's the start of something possibly bad, and to contact a vet if I can.

I've tried researching about this but all I get is mite spots which is what it doesn't look like.

Attachments

GoldenAves

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Luciano (Luc)
Here is also a close up on the face to see better.
20230201_223636.jpg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
It’s hard to see, but it almost looks like a little bit of cere is missing there. Did your bird get caught on a toy hook or a sharp corner somewhere?

GoldenAves

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Luciano (Luc)
Hm, I think it might have been with one of their old toys I threw out since the edges we're becoming really sharp.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Hm, I think it might have been with one of their old toys I threw out since the edges we're becoming really sharp.
It looks pretty superficial and it should heal up just fine (assuming it's a little wound). Just keep an eye on it. :)