• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White crepe paper and party napkins, are they safe?

Manchas

Moving in
Real Name
Sara Zapata
I've seen lots of toys that use cupcake liners and I thought: the coloured napkins must be food safe, does that make them safe for parrots as well??
And I found some white (king of beige) crepe paper streamers and was thinking about using it for toys as well. Does anyone have any experience using these materials? Been looking for more info but I don't really know what to make of the people/parrot information differences

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Napkins are safe, the crepe paper is not. They coat it is something to give it that weird texture that they have, and the way that it acts when wet could potentially be a choking hazard.

I also would not use tissue paper for a similar reason.

Manchas

Moving in
Real Name
Sara Zapata
They coat it is something to give it that weird texture that they have, and the way that it acts when wet could potentially be a choking hazard.
I had no idea! thank you so much for the information. Have been checking up your online store and gathering lots of ideas for materials, I love your variety!