• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent White boogie around conure’s eye

Pecos2019

Moving in
Hi everyone. I’m skeptical taking my green cheek to the vet since it’ll be her first time during COVID. Preferably I would want to accompany her getting checked. Unfortunately, most vets here in NC won’t allow it yet. Before I give in and set an appointment , I wanted to get feedback if this is something familiar and what to do. My bird Chacha has a little white thing popping out around her eyelid. I thought that it was trash, but it seems to grow slightly. I also considered it to be an infection because it was slightly pink the first day I noticed it, but she hasn’t scratched it either.

This began to happen 2-3 days ago, and I’m wondering what could it be? Hope to hear from you all soon.

Attachments

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Did you tried to remove it?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You are going to have to take her to the vets anyway so I personally would just go ahead and book that appointment. It wont make it any easier for your bird with you being in the room so there is not really a reason that will benefit her to postpone the appointment.

Is that white thing like a skin tag?

I understand how you feel having to hand your baby over for a vet check... my bird has never had anyone he did not know take him out of his carrier and he had an appointment the other week where I had to wait in the car park... just like the times we went when I was allowed into the clinic with him, he hated being toweled and handled by someone he did not know for the appointment but he was also just perfectly fine!

Pecos2019

Moving in
You are going to have to take her to the vets anyway so I personally would just go ahead and book that appointment. It wont make it any easier for your bird with you being in the room so there is not really a reason that will benefit her to postpone the appointment.

Is that white thing like a skin tag?

I understand how you feel having to hand your baby over for a vet check... my bird has never had anyone he did not know take him out of his carrier and he had an appointment the other week where I had to wait in the car park... just like the times we went when I was allowed into the clinic with him, he hated being toweled and handled by someone he did not know for the appointment but he was also just perfectly fine!
I don’t know if its a skin tag. I’ve emailed a couple vets to get quotes and see which one is best to book an appointment. Thanks for your feedback, I want my baby to not be too stressed on her first experience