• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White balls in poop

Asalar

Moving in
Real Name
Ali
My little cockatiel just recovered from salmonella under a week ago, now is he a little tired from the medication as the vet told me but now, I just woke him up and had him on a table with me and he pooped this weird poop, it has green thing around it and has white balls in the middle, after a google search (there was only one post) the thread said that it’s either undeveloped eggs or urates, is that true? Is this something concerning or normal?

He just got better from the salmonella thing and, I am really scared.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Gosh that is a little odd and I am honestly not sure who is best to tag so I will just go ahead and tag everyone I can think of with great medical or breeding knowledge....
@Hankmacaw @Macawnutz @PoukieBear @Mockinbirdiva @Budgiebonkers @Ripshod @Zara @Mizzely

TBH they do kinda look like under developed eggs but as I have only seen that from chickens I am not going to guess and fill your head with unnecessary thoughts from my head.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
What has he been eating? Could be seeds from something (pomegranate?).
Obviously if it's undeveloped eggs then he's a girl. Can you email this pic to the vet for their opinion?

:welave:

Last edited:

Asalar

Moving in
Real Name
Ali
What has he been eating? Could be seeds from something (pomegranate?).
Obviously if it's undeveloped eggs then he's a girl. Can you email this pic to the vet for their opinion?

:welave:
3 weeks ago I converted him to pellets but he only eats those when my IRN is eating near him but the vet told me to quarantine him, because of that he currently only eating pet store seed mix no pomegranate. I am not interested in breeding so I haven't done the gender blood test also, he's a lutino so it's hard visually. I'll try to send it to him next week.

Isn’t that just undigested seed? If so he's got (another) infection.
But it's so spherical, I hope it's not an infection otherwise I don't think he'll be able to handle it.
Can you tell me the name of it? Maybe I can search for symptoms or see where he could've gotten it.

EDIT:

I don't think it's eggs because he just pooped the same thing a second time unless they lay eggs like fish I don't think it's that. I compared it to millet but the millet is smaller

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
But when millet is hulled and swallowed, it kind of blows up a little. I’m still thinking undigested seed. I can’t give you a name because it can be one of several things, the vet needs to help you.

Asalar

Moving in
Real Name
Ali
But he also eats normal sunflower seeds but there are only balls so is it because of the millet only?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
You should save that sample to show the vet. Put it in a plastic bag with just a small spray of water and keep in the refrigerator. Your vet needs to diagnose that. It looks like ( from a layman's perspective) like a ball of undeveloped eggs, strange formation of urates, or possibly undigested seeds. It could be something else too.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I've never seen anything like that, save it, take it to the vet..hope he will be ok..
I see it in finches and canaries with certain illnesses. Also (often) when someone brings me one full of parasites. It’s undigested seed.

Just for the record, birds dont’ carry undeveloped eggs. I mean, I know chickens do. But it’s my understanding with psittacines, since I’m in the throes of writing about this, they “develop” each egg. Lay that one, in a day or two days (species dependent) they develop another.

Now, could it be some sort of spider egg or parasite egg?....???

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I see it in finches and canaries with certain illnesses. Also (often) when someone brings me one full of parasites. It’s undigested seed.

Just for the record, birds dont’ carry undeveloped eggs. I mean, I know chickens do. But it’s my understanding with psittacines, since I’m in the throes of writing about this, they “develop” each egg. Lay that one, in a day or two days (species dependent) they develop another.

Now, could it be some sort of spider egg or parasite egg?....???
The undeveloped eggs I was thinking of were from chickens but I did not take into account the state the chicken needs to be in for you to see the developing eggs- they also range in size from tiny to the same size as an egg without the shell where as the pic above is all the same size. My Bad! I got a bit excited and did not stop to think. Sorry.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
The undeveloped eggs I was thinking of were from chickens but I did not take into account the state the chicken needs to be in for you to see the developing eggs- they also range in size from tiny to the same size as an egg without the shell where as the pic above is all the same size. My Bad! I got a bit excited and did not stop to think. Sorry.
Yep! I’ve seen those. Hopefully the vet can shed some light on this.