• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

which seeds for ekkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkdolphin

Moving in
Hi, have heard if u are going to give ekkies seed u should mix it yourself with the specific seeds or something. All supermarket seeds are usually fortified. So those who have Ekkies which seeds do u add?? I have a parrot place down the road who will mix to order ....but I dont know what to put in?? Thanks

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Look up the land of Vos. There is so much information there for you . How long have you had your Ekkie? Is it a male or Female? How old is he/she?
Welcome to the Avenue ! There are a few Ekkie owners here. I have a 9 month old Female.

We love pictures:lol:

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I don't feed my Ekkie seed but Zupreem natural pellet and a fresh diet as well as lots of birdie bread and other cooked food. This is so a question for Crystal (mcbirds). However, both Crystal and I have healthy seed mix recipes on our websites. I don't give my Ekkie ANY sun flower seeds. I have a 12 year old female that was only fed sun flower seeds the first like 9 or so years of her life. She has the beginning stages of fatty liver so no SF seeds for her :) That is like crack to her and she turns all crazy and her mood changes drastically!
Here are the site links for you:
Birdie Cookbook
Recipes for your Fids

Last edited:

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Welcome to the Ave! I don't know anything about Ekkies specifically, but Land of Vos is a great resource for diet and other questions about them!

jim

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jim
I usually feed the Eclectus blend from Bird Paradise for a dry mix. Any seed Sophie gets is usually sprouted.

pinkdolphin

Moving in
Thanks guys , I will check out those web sites. i havent got him yet....He's 11 weeks now, so hopefully soon .....she said He may be ready by Xmas :). Just doing all my homework so I have everything ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.