• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which Play Gym to get.....

Fawnia

Meeting neighbors
Hello All!!!
As some of you may know, I recently got a green cheek conure, who is alot of fun.
Currently, they don't really like my hand, but they love being around me. They'll do anything to
get out their cage and be close to me. (they are not allowed on my shoulder yet because they are still nippy).
So I wanted to get a play gym for my bird to hang out on next to my work desk.

Any recommendations for this size bird?
I am kinda scared to make one, because here in the southeastern US, so many pesticides are used on the woods....

I saw this one at the pet store today which was only 20$ because of the holidays. Do you guys think I should get it?

I really like all the toys it comes with, but I don't like that it is plastic.
download.png

--

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have this one and my conures all really enjoy it.

AA-Play-Center.png

Linearis

Walking the driveway
I want to get this one for my parrotlet eventually, I don't know if it would be good for conures although one of the pictures has conures on it (but they look like babies): King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

They have a lot of other stands including metal and wood since you don't like the idea of a plastic one, personally I like this one because you can build it up in different ways for variety and the fact it's plastic means it's easier to clean.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
I bought several of these for current and future use (My Aratingas love to chew, so this is an expensive chew toy for them.) on chewy.com. Penn-Plax Parakeet & Small Bird Activity Center, Medium - Chewy.com
My GCC enjoys it, but likes the second pictured from walmart.com better! Screenshot_20181215-171149.png
It's a tabletop gym of wood with a plastic-coated bottom. Honestly, metal or plastic, although more expensive initially, will last a lifetime and are MUCH easier to clean and care for!