• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which is better?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you have hard water, Sunni Tiel? Your water parameters matter. Even the best stainless steel will rust if regularly exposed to some water, like in water bowls, in which case it's not the manufacturing.

aweb

Meeting neighbors
Honestly, I still feel guilty about the circumstances around his adoption. We had just gotten a 2nd bird, and Boyfriend mentioned this fact at work.

His coworker was like "wait... you like birds? Want mine? You can have it for free. I got it for my kid and she's lost interest."

So boyfriend comes home and relays the message. At this point, it was unclear on whether we were even talking about a cockatiel or a cockatoo. Coworker didn't know which he had.

I said. "Well, we just got this 2nd bird, and I don't know if we can really handle a third. Let's see how things go before we promise anything."

So a month goes by, and 2nd bird is settling in nicely. Coworker re-ups the offer... still isn't sure if tiel or too (and my house is way too small for a too). So I say, "have him send you a picture."

And that's what he sent.

I took one glance and was like "ok, we're taking this bird today. I don't care if we have to turn right around and rehome him. We're getting him out of there immediately. "

But damn... a whole month. Here I was playing with my first bird and enjoying getting to know the second. Going to work. Walking the dogs. Sleeping in my comfy bed. Every moment of that time, while I was enjoying my happy little family, Charlie was sitting in that cramped, filthy cage with no foreseeable escape.

I could have gotten him out a month sooner.
Oh geez. He was waiting so patiently for you. Good thing he's with you now and will never know another day of misery and want. <3

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
That’s nasty, I’ve never seen poop stalagmites like that.

I love stainless steel bowls, I bought my pigeons some from Walmart fiveyears ago, the bowls are still rust free but the hardware isn’t, it’s almost rusted solid.
Ceramic is also good, but if you have hard water it’s difficult to get rid of the hard water stains without damaging the surface.
I live off well water, it’s so hard bricks bounce off it.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel