• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which flavour of nutriberries do you think my budgies will like better?

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's impossible to know because each bird is different. You'll just have to buy one and try it out.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley says the only good flavor is Tropical!

CrazyKozmo

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
The tropical may be a bit large for budgies, but you can always cut the nutriberry in half (they're hard but it can be done) or crush them. My caiques get both of these flavors/sizes. Not sure if they even eat any of it, but they love destroying the berry and it keeps them quiet/busy for about 10 minutes!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I find them a bit hard. We have the purple bag, but am going to crush them with a hammer. Haven't gotten around to it this week - it was a long week!

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
My budgies and cockatiel love the purple bag. I sometimes break them apart and mix them into the budgies' food. But when I do leave an unbroken nutriberry, Percy (female budgie) picks it up and carries it around her cage to drop it. All you can hear for a few hours is THUD THUD THUD. She loves carrying them and dropping them until they break apart. Then she tries the same thing with the smaller pieces :rolleyes:
Not sure if your budgies would do that, though. Percy loves throwing and carrying various items around the cage.

Have you tried the nutriberry popcorn one? My birds get it on special occasions and love it.
The only reason I bought it in the first place was that it was on super sale! :lol:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Ripley says the only good flavor is Tropical!
Phoenix seconds that, wholeheartedly!! She loves them above anything else, including sunny seeds or millet. My budgers have enjoyed them as well, in the past.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My birds like Sunny Orchard, El Paso, and Garden Drlight. I crush them up because if I don’t they drop most of them on the floor and the dogs eat them. The dogs like all the varieties and they don’t pick out the seeds either! :lol:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret (amazon) likes senior nutriberries.

Reach out to the company and see if they will give you samples.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I find them a bit hard. We have the purple bag, but am going to crush them with a hammer. Haven't gotten around to it this week - it was a long week!
They should be sort of soft, but I often receive them hard, too. I was going to try putting one of those clay things for brown sugar in the bag to see if I can keep them a bit soft.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My budgies and cockatiel love the purple bag. I sometimes break them apart and mix them into the budgies' food. But when I do leave an unbroken nutriberry, Percy (female budgie) picks it up and carries it around her cage to drop it. All you can hear for a few hours is THUD THUD THUD. She loves carrying them and dropping them until they break apart. Then she tries the same thing with the smaller pieces :rolleyes:
Not sure if your budgies would do that, though. Percy loves throwing and carrying various items around the cage.

Have you tried the nutriberry popcorn one? My birds get it on special occasions and love it.
The only reason I bought it in the first place was that it was on super sale! :lol:
Those smell like Caramel to me! Mine mainly eat the stuff on the outside then discard the popcorn, but I don't mind.

Gigibirds

Half of my birds like the green bag, and half prefer the purple! I would just get both and see what they like best, and then you can continue getting the one they like.....and yes, it may seem like a waste if they strongly prefer one kind, but hey, what are parrots if not messy little lovelies! hehe ;)

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
My guys love both.
I hate cleaning them up though lol my guys drop them after a few bites and they end up on the floor

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's impossible to know because each bird is different. You'll just have to buy one and try it out.
As proved by this thread.
Offer both and see which your birds prefer. Going by what's already been posted each will likely have their own preference.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Most of them are too large for a budgie so your best bet is to crush them first.