• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

which cage?

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
Its both a tall cage and a short ceiling. The one with the play top are shorter then this one well the king one differently looked shorter. This ones 70" tall but that seems to be what the other cage says to. It really looked under eye lvl in person and this one I have to stand on my toes to kiss ace head when he's hanging out on that little shelf.

In the cage he LOVES hanging upside down from the roof. I'd also be a little less scared of the height if he didn't scare into jumping so easily. You would think after so many years he'd be used to me cleaning and putting clothes away but nope. Ever time I fold something he freaks same with moving something. Yet he'll walk right by a dog or cat with no problem. Birds are interesting creatures.

Yes he has jumped off of it and it scares me every time. I have pillows on the floor for him to have a softer landing. Inside the cage he won't let me put anything to soften the landing. If he would I'd get him a nice large parrot cage. When he was younger i could put a pile of baby blackets on the floor of the cage to help his falls now he'll eat anything I've tried. He even eats the rope perches in his cage over useing them. I used 1x4 for some perches that would be easier for him to stand on and not put pressure points on his peg and he used it till he chewed it off the wall and fell now he won't use them.

I really do love him and wish I could help him more but he likes to stop me with everything I try.