• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which Cage?

Fischer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
Is this inches? oooooh a palace! Double check the bar spacing so that it´s not too big :)
Inches yeah, but the bar spacing is too big (1in). So instead we are getting a bigger parrot, probably an African grey or Eclectus. (I have had birds before)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You may want to stop and research before carrying on with your journey to bring home a bird companion. Those species are extremely different from one another and need very different things (needs, toys, diet, lifestyle). Don´t just pick the bird that looks pretty and fits the cage, choose the bird that matches your lifestyle well. I say this mainly because your starting point here was bringing home a Fischeri.
Good luck :)

Fischer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
You may want to stop and research before carrying on with your journey to bring home a bird companion. Those species are extremely different from one another and need very different things (needs, toys, diet, lifestyle). Don´t just pick the bird that looks pretty and fits the cage, choose the bird that matches your lifestyle well. I say this mainly because your starting point here was bringing home a Fischeri.
Good luck :)
Yes, we probably will not be getting a bird for another 3-4 months. I have already started researching and are probably going to get an African grey over Eclectus because they have a specific diet. We are financially stable and do not move or make many lifestyle changes. I had already researched the two breeds prior to this. I just decided on lovebirds because no other birds are readily available and they are adorable.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
.... And a happy bird.

Less mess means they haven't tossed any food, shredded any toys or flapped around in their cage. Not good.

If the bird cannot flap wings freely in their cage, it is too small.

Like Leih said, birds are messy, cage size is irrelevant to the amount of mess they make.

Invest in a good hoover :)
Larger cage makes for happier bird.
This may be unpopular....but my kid and 2 grands moved back in. 2 and 1 y/o. They are way more messy than Louise- and have caused more damage. Sweet kids doing what toddlers do.... Had to put a very long gate around the bird cage to keep them out. We say the older one has flypaper hands, he sticks to everything and everything to him. We go through washcloths and baby wipes by the dozen...