• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I used to adjust font size and color. Searching but not finding.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If you refer to when we could save our own font and colour etc, unfortunately we can't do that anymore.
To alter font, size or colour we must do it for each post using the icons above the text box.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Another oh rats.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I kind of like the fact that there is a standard “readable” black font. I hate those coloured unreadable fonts

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sorry but the way it was before was more customer friendly.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I definitely prefer it this way. Some people's choice of fonts can be difficult to read and very distracting. I imagine people with dyslexia would also find many of the font choices difficult. Phones and browsers allow you to increase font size or use a zoom, so I don't see why that aspect should be too much of an issue?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I definitely prefer it this way. Some people's choice of fonts can be difficult to read and very distracting. I imagine people with dyslexia would also find many of the font choices difficult. Phones and browsers allow you to increase font size or use a zoom, so I don't see why that aspect should be too much of an issue?
I suspect for people who aren’t very tech savvy, that can be difficult and/or intimidating.

@Lady Jane do you have an ipad? Or just phone.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Sorry but the way it was before was more customer friendly.
Not something we can change. It was an add on to the software that is no longer available

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
@Lady Jane I made the same statement - and then someone was nice enough to point out that I can just zoom in on the forum by pressing the control button and wheel on the mouse SO easily... I have done that many times in the past, but then some of the page was obscured. I have done it here and it stays enlarged and perfect - try it, if you're on a PC!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you tell me what kind of device and browser you are using, I can tell you how to zoom on it so that it is more readable :) As stated, this was not a conscious decision to remove that feature, it is simply no longer available, unfortunately.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I think the new version has lost a few features from the other version but I would think there should be an add-on mod but often they have to be paid for. I know our profile/account area has lost a few things that we can no longer set as defaults.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Usually for for desktop on Chrome and IE it is just using control and the + sign at the same time to zoom in and the minus - sign to zoom out.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I think the new version has lost a few features from the other version but I would think there should be an add-on mod but often they have to be paid for. I know our profile/account area has lost a few things that we can no longer set as defaults.
There are lots of add ons available for purchase. We have TONS of them and the money is not the issue. This is new software. Our original software was around for years and years, developers had years of designing add ons to accommodate specific requests. This software is only about a year old. In fact half the reason we waited to upgrade to it was because they didn't support the add ons we used.

More add ons will come out as forums move to the new software and make requests. We are still waiting on about five of them that we miss greatly. A lot has changed though. The software runs a bit different and some pieces will never come back. The post count banners are one of them. I have them setup but if they mess with anything I have to drop them. The software is not designed to query as I am asking it too.

As far as the default colors/fonts. I don't think it's something we will bring back. We have had more people happy with that change than unhappy.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
In thinking about it.. ???

That was just your own font wasn't it? How would that help in reading the forum? :cautious::laugh:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That was just your own font wasn't it? How would that help in reading the forum?
Yea, and most users did not change their font. They would use the standard size/colour/fonts. So it´s mostly the same.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oooh, Gigi green in my fave font, Trebuchet. This is going to be fun.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Oooh, Gigi green in my fave font, Trebuchet. This is going to be fun.
Personally I would like to get rid of some of these light colored fonts. A lot of members have a very difficult time reading them

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yea, and most users did not change their font. They would use the standard size/colour/fonts. So it´s mostly the same.
I increased size if I knew Doll was reading my Amazon posts. She wasn't tech savvy and I knew she had eye issues.