• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where too next

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Ok my brain is at the point I need a break from random drifting between info, I feel I read stuff and it just doesnt stick. So need a focus preferably one involving an excel sheet because its the mode my brain is in at work atm, so what is something that could be smart to systemize about pionus or something you would like to see. I see you done some weigth stuff before.

I got several breeds on my list, but pionus is the one I found the most info on, so probably the best one to start with of the birds to make a system for filtrating info.

Being cooped up over this whole virus thing is geting old, so need something constructive to do, and rigth now I am in the mood to make tables and charts :p I am just not sure where to start.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Do you have a specific species from this genus that you are looking for more information about, or are you looking for information on all of these species?

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Most likely bronze, but many sources already cover all or crossover between more then one. So migth as well when I dig out statistics do it for all, its not that much extra, and is sure there are others with the same questions.

And charts can be made, charted the weigth tread last evening, so can upload that result later for those who want.

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
pionus weight.PNG
Obviously there are no birds who are 0 in age, those who come off as such are birds with unknown age, there are also birds that the tread didnt list breed of so the chart with all breeds has more measurements then the ones who are breedspecific.

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
No Charts … but take a look at this about this species

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly about Pionus Parrots
Already skimmed through it, I been reading a lot for months now both on parrots in general, as well as breedspecific books or articles along with infowebsites online, and posts like that. My head is full of general knowledge for a while, need a break from big texts. So focusing on the number knowledge for a while.

Weigth is a good start, bloodlevels and such would probably be too, but probably need quite some digging, so looking for stuff that might be easier to find..just brain being a bit fried so hard to collect thougths enough to pinpoint where to start.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Most likely bronze, but many sources already cover all or crossover between more then one. So migth as well when I dig out statistics do it for all, its not that much extra, and is sure there are others with the same questions.

And charts can be made, charted the weigth tread last evening, so can upload that result later for those who want.
That would be great ! I'm sure your efforts and attention to detail will be appreciated.
:teacher::reading::xflove:
Especially people who are detailed orientated.

Pyropus

Walking the driveway
Knowing your animal and understanding it goes a long way to help you both prevent stuff happening, but also dealing with it.

Of course no one can know it all, but I lived long enough to seen the value of having a baseline to go from when you need to consult experts in any given field. Because ability to understand what they say enough to ask questions, can mean the difference between figuring out if they are updated or outdated, and therefor if its wise to follow the advice, or if you should get a second opinion.