• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where to get wire for an outdoor aviary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
wow thanks these are all terrific links you guys! seriously, i really appreciate any input and help! :D

and Kelli, you were right i did originally believe i said something to the extent to just taking them out there and staying with them but i later think i said something where i kinda wanna be able to leave her outside while i run errands on nice days, and yeah i really want a structure that can last and stand the test of time, also maybe be expanded on someday or turned into a permanent aviary for some aviary birds, who knows what my future holds!!

I plan on calling some of those places on Monday and getting some details/estimates etc.

I'm pretty excited :] what do you guys think about having a couple bamboo shoots growing in the cage, i think mai tai would LOVE them. but doesnt bamboo grow super quickly? or slowly? ahhh i should have paid more attention in bio...if anybody has any experience with aviary plants (any that yuouve used or seen people use with success) id appreciate the input.

The list Beth gave me is AWESOME, but also HUGE :D so its a lot to take in so i figured id ask you guys first, like i know some of the trees would grow to be far too big for a 7 foot high encloser, etc.

thanks a bunch!

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Not to be an alarmist, but I have read and heard of birds of prey who can make their way into enclosures made from screen. Have you considered this?
No Worries, my "enclosure" is actually indoors, but I suppose thats something I hadnt considered when making my suggestion to a person trying to make an outdoor aviary, LOL
(Unused in this photo - Not anymore, LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.