• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where To Buy Replacement Grate?

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Does anyone know where I can buy a grate that's either metal or plastic that's 9 5/8 inches by 6 3/4 inches? I have one for my travel cage that I had used for Tweety (that I got off of a different travel cage that I sold a while ago) but I just bought another travel cage since I will need 2 (one for Leo & one for Bella) so when we go on a trip I don't put them in the same cage & have any hanky panky I'll attach a picture of the grate I have now. thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I don't use grates in the first place, but a grate for a carrier or that size? Why?

You could probably make one out of egg crate. You can find it in places like Home Depot in the lighting section.

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
I don't use grates in the first place, but a grate for a carrier or that size? Why?

You could probably make one out of egg crate. You can find it in places like Home Depot in the lighting section.
Bella & Leo like to play in their poop :banghead: so I need to get a grate for the other travel cage so they can't play in it :facepalm:

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Could you find a cooling rack in the kitchen section, they have different sizes....

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I second the egg crate! You can also use it to make platforms in cages. I also use it in terrarium mods.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
It looks a lot like shelving for closets at HomeDepot, check that section while you are there.

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
It looks a lot like shelving for closets at HomeDepot, check that section while you are there.
Would the paint on the shelving be okay if they ended up chewing on it?

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Is egg crate sharp or smooth? (I've never heard of it before)
What Bee said, and it looks like this. The holes are usually 1/2 inch.
1607307357276.png

Would the paint on the shelving be okay if they ended up chewing on it?
They're usually coated in a thin plastic that peels off pretty easily. I'd worry about the metal beneath. Not sure what it is.