• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where can I purchase bird plushies?

ferretspy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Myah
I want to purchase a Goffin-Cockatoo plushie in honour of my goffin who was sold to another owner, does anyone know where I can buy something like that?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I’m afraid I don’t know! The one that I purchased was offered as a single issue, pre-order plushie of Alex the Honking Bird.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
The one in my avatar is KuKu of Ty Beanie Baby but it's very old

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh I dont know if they are still available but I believe @Danita sells plushies of her Goffins and Umbrella Toos. And I have a beautiful Plushie of my beloved Nala that several AA members chipped in together to get for me after she passed away. I believe its from a company called Cuddly Clones @Mizzely do you remember?

Also it looks like Amazon has several Too plushies doesnt look like any Goffins though. Amazon.com : Cockatoo stuffed animal

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Here are a few cockatoo plushies that I found on Amazon and elsewhere:

Mary Meyer Putty Stuffed Animal Soft Toy, Cream Cockatoo, 12 inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YP6RQKK/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_HQEGCBRSW4FC8E9ME68K

Wild Republic Unlikely Friendships Plush Cockatoo and a Cat, Based on a True Story, Gift for Kids, Plush Toys https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0879Y4D14/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_N60JDK1804R45GM6N66T

If you are looking for something more individualized, I would recommend looking on Etsy. There are many talented artists that make knitted, crocheted, or felted animals/birds. Even if they do not offer Goffins Cockatoos, they might take requests.

For example, this artist creates really amazing realistic felt sculptures and portraits. The price is higher that a normal stuffed animal, but the quality is equally high. They offer a variety of birds, including cockatoos, and will make custom orders, based on a pet picture.

Speckled Fawn Felting

If you want something truly unique to remember your bird, you might also want to look into pet portraits. Quite a few artists on Etsy and elsewhere will take a favorite photograph and turn it into a beautiful painting. I think it is a wonderful way to commemorate a beloved companion and it helps preserve your favorite digital photograph in a physical way. There are even some folks here on the avenue that might draw your bird for free!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I too was going to mention about @Danita having or did have some of her plush Cockatoos, don't know if she still has any and they are not on her site.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh I dont know if they are still available but I believe @Danita sells plushies of her Goffins and Umbrella Toos. And I have a beautiful Plushie of my beloved Nala that several AA members chipped in together to get for me after she passed away. I believe its from a company called Cuddly Clones @Mizzely do you remember?

Also it looks like Amazon has several Too plushies doesnt look like any Goffins though. Amazon.com : Cockatoo stuffed animal
I think so!

Hasanah

Strolling the yard
I bought Crochet keyrings of my birds from this etsy store, they were beautiful