• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

where can I find "this" toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
Harley came to me with a cage and some toys.
he absolutely loves this orange toy that to me looks like a kong with holes in it. I've added strips of paper and hide treats in it for him. I'd like to buy another one so he can have one on the bird stand and the other in his cage.

I've looked all over the internet and can't find another one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Kathy I have several of those and also one like it that is a circle shape. I picked them up at the local PetSmart/PetCo etc.

I would hope that some of neighborhood vendors carry it and will chime in soon.

I usually put nuts for forage with some coffee filters stuck thru. Is that material in there or shredder stuff? Looks interesting :)

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I've seen those and want to try them. I think my fids would like them.

mtngirl

Sprinting down the street
I have seen them in Pet Smart in the dog toys section. You can add a chain and hook yourself. Please be careful about the length of the chain and allowing Harley to play alone with the toy. There are stories of parrots hanging themselves on longer chains.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
Marlene
Thanks! That seemed so easy for you LOL :dancing:

Kathy I have several of those and also one like it that is a circle shape. I picked them up at the local PetSmart/PetCo etc.

I would hope that some of neighborhood vendors carry it and will chime in soon.

I usually put nuts for forage with some coffee filters stuck thru. Is that material in there or shredder stuff? Looks interesting :)
I put the crinkle paper in it and some treats hidden in it. yesterday I put in some croutons, he loved it! I ordered some nutriberries and other treats, but they haven't come in yet. I need to call Fosters and Smith and find out where my stuff is, the gym came, but no treats.

I've seen those and want to try them. I think my fids would like them.
Harley played with it before I set it up for forging, now he really plays with it :lol:

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
my birds love those.....i love hiding treats in them

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
I have seen them in Pet Smart in the dog toys section. You can add a chain and hook yourself. Please be careful about the length of the chain and allowing Harley to play alone with the toy. There are stories of parrots hanging themselves on longer chains.
Yes someone warned me about that with another toy, I shortened the chain and zip tied it. thanks!

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
I think the nutcase is no longer in production. At least, its no longer sold by any local vender (and it used to be).

I had to buy a second one as a dog toy and hang it myself. The birds hated it for a while, then they both decided they wanted it.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
I found it at petco, they had both the JW Nutcase and the Hol-eeRoller, I bought the latter so he could have one of each king.

The also had them in the dog section minus the chains/bells, the bird toys were cheaper but about $2 per size.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.