• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where Can I Buy Safe Bird Toys For My Conure

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
No plastics please or artificial dyes. My bird loves those little balls that are destructible and paper strings. Also does anyone know any safe bells? She loves them but the ones I bought felt sharp and I wasn’t sure if there was any lead or dangerous chemicals. Hanging bells are ok but she really likes to hold them and tries to rip out the insides lol.

Edit: Her favorite toy is toilet paper rolls:wacky: They seem to last only 3 days in her cage. She’s has gone through 12 rolls and still gets excited with a new one:roflmao:

Attachments

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
I agree with the other responses the vendors make beautiful safe toys and my conure is loving them... blue stainless toys are so pretty calibirdnerd has all sorts of things you can make your own toys with, Nutz and Oliver’s gardens toys are beautiful and fun!! Wingdow has super cool stuff too....The quality is great from all the vendors I’ve purchased from You can’t go wrong buying from any of them ;)

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
There is a recent thread from the SWS of purchases (with pics) from the vendors here you should check it out .. I’ll try to share it but I’m not sure how to so hopefully this works

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
We purchase almost everything from the vendors here. :heart:

My local stores have questionable toys and a very poor food selection for birds.:facepalm:

The vendors here have birds themselves and you can see that in the quality of the items they have.:)

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
There is a recent thread from the SWS of purchases (with pics) from the vendors here you should check it out .. I’ll try to share it but I’m not sure how to so hopefully this works
Thank you!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you don't want dyes I think that most of the AA vendors will leave the wood natural. @Mizzely posted that she is willing to do that and I've specified natural wood with some toys I've purchased from
Oliver's Garden.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The toys here are better. I get a few Canadian/ US made ones at the same store where their food comes from, but the ones here can be customized. Is there a reason you're avoiding plastic? I can be reused to make new toys & is honestly something my budgies are really attracted to. They like moving beads up & down.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My gang loves plastics. And anything from the Vendors here is going to be safe.