• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where are bird breeders

Joseph

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joseph Smithberger
@Joseph I'm from Maryland too. I bought my Linnie from the breeder that @Lady Jane linked. I highly recommend him. His availability guide is not up to date, but he is also on FB with current birds. Good luck in your search.
Heard so many good things about The Parrots Nest of Maryland. Number 1 choice!

Joseph

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joseph Smithberger
Welcome to the Avenue Joseph! :starshower1:

Good luck on your search for your feathered companion!! :)

Remember, if you want to send ad links to Joseph, to use the PM feature.
This feels like a big family!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Joseph I also live in Reisterstown and I would not recommend the breeder Matto mentioned. I have a feeling that in addition to breeding that she may be a flipper. Just be cautious.

Reactions: Ali

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Joseph I also live in Reisterstown and I would not recommend the breeder Matto mentioned. I have a feeling that in addition to breeding that she may be a flipper. Just be cautious.
Good to know. I've never really interacted with her, just heard of her.

Joseph

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joseph Smithberger
Ok thanks! I was just about to look for them. Thanks for the warning.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Agree about the hoops but it is worth it and once you become established, they hoops lessen for the next one(s). Being on the other side of things and working to help place birds...hoops happen so they don't get returned. It's sad to see a bird be bounced a lot.
Oh I completely agree. I wasn't downing them for sure; just trying to explain, in case someone was new to the process. :heart:

And you're right about less hoops after the first one; once they know you they work with you much easier.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Matt0071 I have seen her ads quite frequently on CL selling adult birds. I cant believe a person would have that many adult birds to sell and also be breeding birds to sell.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh I completely agree. I wasn't downing them for sure; just trying to explain, in case someone was new to the process. :heart:

And you're right about less hoops after the first one; once they know you they work with you much easier.
Oh I know and agree...thank you for encouraging people. It's crazy how angry people get with a process that is there to protect these babies.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh I know and agree...thank you for encouraging people. It's crazy how angry people get with a process that is there to protect these babies.
Some really do. The rescue here requires a one-time class and I've had people get indignant telling me they've had birds for X years and don't need a class on parrot care. I try to smile and say "well, you may learn something new". When meanwhile what I want to say is- just because you have a parrot doesn't mean you know how to properly take care of one............... :rolleyes:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
SPCA in Maryland does not take in birds.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Some really do. The rescue here requires a one-time class and I've had people get indignant telling me they've had birds for X years and don't need a class on parrot care. I try to smile and say "well, you may learn something new". When meanwhile what I want to say is- just because you have a parrot doesn't mean you know how to properly take care of one............... :rolleyes:
or just filling out the application makes them grumpy. Yeesh

Joseph

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joseph Smithberger
@Joseph any updates yet?
:( I contacted the parrots nest of Maryland and they said they had no conures. Of course COVID had to do with it. They said they pickup there birds from Atlanta Georgia because quote,”it is illegal to ship.” So they drove down to get the conures which they already payed for. Turns out THEY SHIPPED THEM BACK! One of the flight attendants got COVID. I feel so bad for the owner!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Was this recent? I chatted with him briefly 2 evenings ago and he said he had one sun conure. I guess it was sold quickly. Not a good time to want a new bird but you can put in an application with Phoenix Landing. Their birds are in foster care with the volunteers mostly. I used to foster for them. I would not be hesitent to try at least.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Not sure if the rescue has distance limit but

NightOwls

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
if you do facebool, join your local lost/found/remove pet groups and post that you want to adopt a Sun Conure. The groups are usually large and someone will most likely know a bird that needs a home.