• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where are all the Cape parronts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a few questions please.:)

What do you enjoy most about your Cape parrots? If you had to select parronts for a Cape parrot what qualities would you be looking for in that person. Thanks for responding.:D

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Probably what I enjoy the most is the snuggles. I can do anything to Fannie. I can touch her anywhere, with my other two I could try but I might come away with a bloody stump:hehe:. She eats well. She is very active. A cape parront would have to have alot of money for toys. She will get into some serious trouble if she is not entertained. She does fine by herself. I have left her in her cage for an entire day with no problems once or twice. She is very mischeivous. She is very sweet. She seems to only love me. She will lunge at other family members but I think that is because they react. Ive taken a couple of bites from her and not reacted and she never bites me now. And I wouldn't even say they were real bites. Really gentle bites, more like testing. My conure has bitten me much harder. Its just that she has that big ole' beak and it scares people. She's not very loud. She is very much a clown. She is a big chewer. She eats alot. She does not like taking baths. She can dismantle alot of things so a secure cage is a must. She would definitely find the absolute worst thing to get into if she got out of her cage, no doubt. Shes not afraid of new situations or toys etc. Thats all I can think of for now but feel free to ask any questions. Oh, she has a very sweet voice.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:) Wow Carol!! What a great read!! Thanks for sharing.:hug8: I'd love to see more photos of Miss Fannie if possible. She is so beautiful!!:heart: What are her favourite foods and what medical conditions are Capes prone to having?

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I am going to meet a little female cape next week. I'm so excited! :D It's a family pet so not for sale which is probably a good thing.
Do you think Fannie would be snuggly with your whole family had they not reacted? (not always easy I know. lol)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
:) Wow Carol!! What a great read!! Thanks for sharing.:hug8: I'd love to see more photos of Miss Fannie if possible. She is so beautiful!!:heart: What are her favourite foods and what medical conditions are Capes prone to having?
I don't know about medical conditions. She loves nuts the most (as typical parrot) she loves her warm bean mix, then her next fav is probably snap peas, green beans, corn, peas, scrambled egg, etc. She does not eat alot of fruit. She barely touches her pellet (roudybush). All of my birds only eat their pellets as a last resort. I feed lots of fresh veggies, bean mix, some seed and nuts. If you want to check her out on youtube all my videos are under chloegeo.

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I am going to meet a little female cape next week. I'm so excited! :D It's a family pet so not for sale which is probably a good thing.
Do you think Fannie would be snuggly with your whole family had they not reacted? (not always easy I know. lol)
Theres no way to tell for sure but I think she wound have gone to everyone if they didn't react. I still think this would be easily attainable but I don't have any volunteers. For instance, I tried to tell my hubby that if she lunges to bite you you can simply wrap your hands around her body and pick her up so she can't get to you etc. gosh she will let you put your entire hand aound her head and hold her head still etc. If she gets overexcited playing with me and chomps down with a little more pressure than I think appropriate I just pick her up to kind of calm her down and give her a scratch to like change the mood. I don't know if this makes sense. You can also just hold on to her beak so she cannot bite and she will just start saying "gotcha beak" over and over :) in her sweet little voice.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't know about medical conditions. She loves nuts the most (as typical parrot) she loves her warm bean mix, then her next fav is probably snap peas, green beans, corn, peas, scrambled egg, etc. She does not eat alot of fruit. She barely touches her pellet (roudybush). All of my birds only eat their pellets as a last resort. I feed lots of fresh veggies, bean mix, some seed and nuts. If you want to check her out on youtube all my videos are under chloegeo.

I will definitely check out the videos.. my parrots eat the pellets last as well.:dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.