• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When to move from brooder to cage?

Vikki Holt

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Vikki Holt
Hey guys, so I have two baby violet masks and I think they're around 4/5 weeks old? They are hand fed and have a brooder but I cant seem to find any info on what age to transfer them to a cage?

Any advice appreciated, many thanks!

Vikki

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When they are fully feathered - all feathers grown and preened open. Approx 5-6 weeks old. At this point they can regulate their own body temperature and can be transfered to a cage. Though keep the room warm for them, and it may help to cover a back corner of the cage to offer a little security.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey guys, so I have two baby violet masks and I think they're around 4/5 weeks old? They are hand fed and have a brooder but I cant seem to find any info on what age to transfer them to a cage?

Any advice appreciated, many thanks!

Vikki
They are absolutely darling! So glad they are thriving in your care.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
They are gorgeous read your other thread your doing amazing especially with how cold uk is at min

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
For the first week or two after I move them into a cage, I put a small heating pad under a rear corner. This gives them a warm spot they can move in or out of as they want. They tend to cuddle up at night for comfort and I usually find them all together over the heating pad. It usually stays in the mid 90's range which they find comfortable when they are sleeping.