• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When do I intro chop

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Hi all:

‘I’m bringing home my weaned to pellet GCC tmo. When should I introduce chop?
Thank you.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi all:

‘I’m bringing home my weaned to pellet GCC tmo. When should I introduce chop?
Thank you.
Mojo has been getting chop from day 1

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Gylfie was eating pellets within an hour of being home, so I served fresh veggies that evening. Her breeder did introduce her to veggies before we got her but I still consider her a super bold little baby.

Anything you put in her chop bowl, she’ll try!

Also: make sure particularly young birds have access to pellets (or seed, if your baby was weaned onto that.) 24/7 to keep their weight up, as weaning can be pretty hard on them. They have plenty of time to try new foods!

Last edited:

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is s/he coming today or tomorrow?

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Is s/he coming today or tomorrow?
Today. This afternoon. Having all the jitters. True (unsolicited lol!) story. So on any big day when I think I might take photos (wedding, birthday), I cover the grey spot on the front top of my head. Not because I don’t like silvers, I actually aspire to have a whole head of silver one day, but because this little patch looks like a bald spot in photos and that is beyond my vanity scale. So this morning, it being a BIG day, I was about to spray a little color cover up on the spot but stopped because I was afraid it might not be good for my bird. What to do? I decided to color it in with a brow pencil knowing full well that I’m being ridiculous. So if I post photos later and you crayon like marks in my hair, you’ll know why lol!
...and all you wanted to know was when the baby was coming home....

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Today. This afternoon. Having all the jitters. True (unsolicited lol!) story. So on any big day when I think I might take photos (wedding, birthday), I cover the grey spot on the front top of my head. Not because I don’t like silvers, I actually aspire to have a whole head of silver one day, but because this little patch looks like a bald spot in photos and that is beyond my vanity scale. So this morning, it being a BIG day, I was about to spray a little color cover up on the spot but stopped because I was afraid it might not be good for my bird. What to do? I decided to color it in with a brow pencil knowing full well that I’m being ridiculous. So if I post photos later and you crayon like marks in my hair, you’ll know why lol!
So excited for you! Can’t wait to see pics of the little one... and the aforementioned crayon hair :rofl:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good job you said you dont have a problem with silvers i am completely silver :loltears:

Why didnt you just put a hat on

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It’s been hours!!! Impatiently awaiting!! (I feel like an auntie outside a delivery room!!)

(…an auntie with her own fair share of whites sprinkled amongst the red hairs:wideyed:)

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
It’s been hours!!! Impatiently awaiting!! (I feel like an auntie outside a delivery room!!)

(…an auntie with her own fair share of whites sprinkled amongst the red hairs:wideyed:)
You are all the best! Just got her settled in and held my breath until she ate (only took 10mns). I promise to post more soon. Tried to upload a video but not sure it worked.

Attachments

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Did an intro in the Conure but wanted to post here too. She’s pretty much just the best decision I’ve made in a loooong time. Remind me of that when she starts biting lol! 6B00AB8B-4E71-4F33-A948-762B8E84BE11.jpeg 8BEA3016-302D-45FC-B2E8-8CCDC12768E7.jpeg B2A0FCD6-B05E-4234-A962-8F32B5B97A12.jpeg 2770D639-FC38-4862-BC5E-858E925F0848.jpeg

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
She is so beautiful. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Good luck!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hi little cutie patootie!!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hiya: Hello little bird

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gosh she just looks so inquisitive and GCC like!! Can’t wait to see if she’s a little hellion like mine or a soft little sweetie!