• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When and will my female cockatiel sing or repeat? Anyone have a very verbal tiel?

laurenmazz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lauren Mazzarella
I have a 4-month-old female Cinnamon Cockatiel. What are the chances she will sing? She calls us but that is it. We have had her only a month now!
THANKS!
Lauren

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
I have 2 females and neither one of them whistle or sing. Like yours , they will call out but thats it. I have 5 boys and they all whistle and sing. They say a girl can whistle but i think its rare.

laurenmazz

Real Name
Lauren Mazzarella
Yeah that is what I heard. She can almost do a wolf whistle so I will keep trying!! She is sooo quiet. I suddenly lost my sun conure. Use to a very loud house!! This is an adjustment! She is so sweet and gentle! Thank you for your input!
Lauren

Rebel

Thats what i would do. I would keep working with her. Ya never know. If thats her in your profile picture, she looks like my one girl. Same thing, super sweet and gentle.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Female tiels typically don't whistle or talk. It's not impossible but it's not that common.

laurenmazz

Real Name
Lauren Mazzarella
Thats what i would do. I would keep working with her. Ya never know. If thats her in your profile picture, she looks like my one girl. Same thing, super sweet and gentle.
That is her!

Synth

Walking the driveway
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Hope
I have 2 females and neither one of them whistle or sing. Like yours , they will call out but thats it. I have 5 boys and they all whistle and sing. They say a girl can whistle but i think its rare.
If I could convince my husband I too would have this many tiels lol. Do yours all get along or do you have separate groups?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
My female, Kimchi, tries SO HARD to sing - and on occasion has almost gotten it! She can do half of a tune, but mostly beeps and calls.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My female, Kimchi, tries SO HARD to sing - and on occasion has almost gotten it! She can do half of a tune, but mostly beeps and calls.
I had a female tiel who also was like Kimchi! She was quite possibly the worst tune maker and repeater I had ever come across but it made her happy to try and to practice lol.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I had a female tiel who also was like Kimchi! She was quite possibly the worst tune maker and repeater I had ever come across but it made her happy to try and to practice lol.
She does seem very proud to try :roflmao:

Rebel

If I could convince my husband I too would have this many tiels lol. Do yours all get along or do you have separate groups?
Having this many is a lot of work. One of the 5 is the dad, he doesn’t care for any of the other boys. The rest of them get along but i still have them separated into pairs.