• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Whats your unrealistic dream bird?

macaronish

Hit the Road
Mine is a hahns macaw or a galah cockatoo... it's unrealistic as I don't think I'd ever be able to care for either to my standard for what I think these birds should have.

birdfloof

Strolling the yard
for me it would be a hyacinth macaw! i have interacted with one at the store I help out at for a few years and I just love their temperaments! of course I don't think I would have the space for one, or the money because they are very expensive!

Trey

Moving in
Real Name
Niel
for me it would be a hyacinth macaw! i have interacted with one at the store I help out at for a few years and I just love their temperaments! of course I don't think I would have the space for one, or the money because they are very expensive!
Hi
That's the ultimate id say , and very very expensive :dancing:

Trey

Moving in
Real Name
Niel
definitely! they are just so incredibly sweet though. the one I interact with will sit on my lap for hours begging for scritches :xflove:
Wow glad you had the opportunity to interact with one hey, the color is amazing as well.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Cape parrot. There were a few untamed female capes in my area recently going for $4,500, and there currently is an untamed male going for $2,500. All were raised as breeders.

I have the space, but the cost is beyond what I should be spending.

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gosh, tough one! I think a Golden conure would be my absolute dream! Though I also would just love to keep a Purple crowned lorikeet! Or a Superb parrot! Or a painted conure! Or a Goffins cockatoo! Or a golden capped conure! Or a severe macaw! Or- well you get the idea!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Even though it can never happen because my capacity for parrot noise is almost nil now I still wish for a high blue or violet Turquoise Greenie.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn’t used to have one, though I admire many species.

Then I met the cockatiel at the mom & pop pet store. Now, I have one. It’s a cockatiel.

I don’t have the time or space for one. By the time my last budgie has crossed the bridge, I’ll likely be 15 years older. And I’d like a canary one day.

Life is full of choices. I’ll just admire everyone else’s cockatiels. If anyone’s getting a cockatiel, may I suggest the name Charmer? It’s apt.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd also have to say a Hy Macaw. Got to see 2 babies & 2 adults up close years ago. However way too expensive.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
My favorites out of the non attainable for me its the hyacinth macaw and the black palm cockatoo ..to me these birds are just the best of the best ..but realistically my fav are the Greys I love them :bounce4:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I love greys but I think it’s too much of a complex parrot for me and I’ve seen how easy it can go wrong in such a small time my old next neighbor had one

my dream bird as always been a green cheekconure

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I didn’t used to have one, though I admire many species.

Then I met the cockatiel at the mom & pop pet store. Now, I have one. It’s a cockatiel.

I don’t have the time or space for one. By the time my last budgie has crossed the bridge, I’ll likely be 15 years older. And I’d like a canary one day.

Life is full of choices. I’ll just admire everyone else’s cockatiels. If anyone’s getting a cockatiel, may I suggest the name Charmer? It’s apt.
I hope one day your dream comes true

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
My unrealistic bird dream is to have a big aviary full of zebra, rice, and gouldian finches. Also a few diamond doves in there as well! I love those birds very much and would love to see them all in a big aviary flying and chirping! Edit: also a few canary’s :laughing2: And maybe some button quails

Last edited:

macawww

Hit the Road
I love greys but I think it’s too much of a complex parrot for me and I’ve seen how easy it can go wrong in such a small time my old next neighbor had one

my dream bird as always been a green cheekconure
Greys are incredible but any bird more intelligent than a conure scares me a lot. Now I think conures are very smart too but they don't often suffer from it and pluck etc. Greys cockatoos and macaws seem to have an intelligence type which is often detrimental to their psyche in captivity

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
My unrealistic dream bird is one that picks up after themselves and knows to tone things down when I hold my finger up to my lips and gently, "shhh".

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My unrealistic dream bird is one that picks up after themselves and knows to tone things down when I hold my finger up to my lips and gently, "shhh".
Crap I need to change my answer :lol: