• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's YOUR Fovorite Birb?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't see the part about least favorite species. I'd like to change it to least suited to me species as I love both Amazons & golden conures but would never consider them for a multitude of reasons.

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
I’d go for Amazons as my fav (cause Puff) but I have met a couple more before and they were all (even some from the hot three) quite laid back and independent.
I don’t really like macaws (all types) as while they are fascinating I’m intimidated by that beak and the beak power and their noise as well.
Right now I’m in the vicinity of two Amazons(YNA+likely YCA) , one M2, four macaws (2 BG, one GW one Catalina),a CAG and two toucans (Toco and White throated) and thankfully they are all silent.

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
Hyacinth macaws, budgies, sun conures, gccs, pearly eyed conures, Bngs, Scarlets, Jardines, Harlequin macaw, Military macaw, Blue throated macaw and maybe another few more species that AA makes me add to my list :lol:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Not that I have handled every type of parrot, but out of the ones that I have (umbrella 'too, blue and gold macaw, canary-winged parakeet, parrotlet, lovebird, goffin, etc.) I have found something to love about all of them. For my own personal comfort level, I don't want to own a bird bigger than goffin-sized but I enjoy interacting with all bird sizes.

Forest

Strolling the yard
I love Lovebirds! They are beautiful, intellegent, independent, strong-willed, fierce, cute, active, long lived and lovable. Such an under-rated and often overlooked companion.
I love cockatiels because they are so good natured and derpy. I love budgies because they're so spunky and playful, and they look like little fairies flying around my house. But it was a lovebird that first turned me into a bird person. When I moved to a new town, I stayed with a friend while I was house hunting. She happened to have a mischievous little birb who introduced me to the joys of scritches, screeches, and being pooped on. :D Before I met that little guy I had no idea how amazing birds were.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
Personally, I prefer medium-sized parrots, although small parrots pack a lot of personality! My favorites overall are the pionus species and cockatiels--They're fairly calm and quiet from what I've read, and my cockatiel definitely is (At least, until I leave the house ;)). The runner-ups would be the Hahn's Macaw, Meyer's Parrot, Half Moon conure, and budgerigar. If I had to choose in terms of beauty, I'd say the Red-Fan Parrot or the Blue-fronted Amazon. I watched a friend's canary several years ago. She was a sweet little bird and extremely tame. Although her singing, while nice, became annoying within a few weeks--She sounded identical to a video game! :)
To be honest, all parrots are beautiful in their own unique ways, and each bird has their own special personality to match! It's just a matter of finding the right bird for the right person.

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
I don't have a wide scope of experience with different species, and I'm probably pretty biased, but I like GCCs! (Lol.) I find my GCC's personality to be quite ideal for what I was looking for in a companion. She's playful, cuddly, silly, and smart but also dumb in all the best ways. I also like that she isn't very loud. Most of her vocalizations are either kiss noises or grumbles and her screeches are nowhere near as horrible or unending as the cockatiels in the house. I also like her size because I can reasonably afford a large cage and enough toys and food for her.

I also think budgies are adorable and I liked my time getting to know them when I worked at a pet store. If I was going to get other birds ever, I might consider getting some budgies.

Just judging by pictures and videos, I appreciate many of the less common (for my area) Australian birds, like king parrots, princess parrots, and rosellas. I think they're pretty, but I haven't done much research on their temperaments and I've never met any in person.

I like looking at the big birds, but I don't think I'd ever be a good fit for one.

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Favorites: red lored Amazons, cockatiels, pigeons, recently I've also started to like GCCs and parrotlets.

I don't have a "least favorite" parrot, but parrots that I would not want to own: macaws, cockatoos, African greys, and all parrots that are larger than Amazons.

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
Hello! Thought I'd throw in my thoughts. If it wasn't clear from my profile picture, I absolutely love bourkies. They have such sweet personalities and chirps! The honks of a hyacinth macaw are also quite enjoyable, although weird.
My least favorite bird would likely be a gloster canary. They look so silly!
gloster-canary.jpg

Aves

:welave:

KIWICHERIE

Strolling the yard
I really don’t know probably harlequin macaws,Amazons and GCC (which I have like four of LOL)

KIWICHERIE

Strolling the yard
I LOVE conures because there so sweet and great family pets as you can see on my username i also love umbrella cockatoos because of there hilarious humour and lastly a harlequin macaw i love them because they are just BEAUTIFUL. (Please ignore my previous reply) oh and i forgot i also love amazons ok this is going to go on forever i dont have a favourite, every bird/parrot is my favourite.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
i love senegals. they can stand up for themselves and they look like they are wearing waistcoats

Loveofbird

Walking the driveway
I would have to say my favorite parrot species is an Indian ringneck. I've never owned one but I've heard so much about them, not to mention their voices are so adorable when they talk. Their very beautiful and pretty intelligent birds. Sigh one day I'll get one...or two...maybe more lol. Outside of parrots though my favorite bird species is between an owl and the raven. Owls are just so majestic in my opinion. Beautiful night raptors is what I call them. And then ravens are very intelligent birds(I've heard one of the most intelligent of all birds) Not to mention that black coloration( I fall for all animals with all black lol)

I don't have a least favorite thankfully

ParrotGeek

Moving in
My personal favorite species would be:
  • Pionus
  • Eclectus
  • Poicephalus
  • Quackers
  • Macaws
  • Cockatiels
  • Amazons
  • Lovebirds
  • Lorikeets
  • Conures
  • Alexandrines
Thing is, I wouldn't even consider owning (or being owed by) half of the species I listed, lol.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Pyrrhura's are my favorite overall. If sun conures weren't so noisy, I'd say them for the cuddles.

Least favorite maybe a lorikeet even though they are adorable, I can't imagine a poop squirting machine.

BirdWorld