• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's Your Favorite Toy Brand??

DuckyLou

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
Hi Everyone!

With all the warnings out there for bird toy materials, pieces, products, etc. I wanted to ask on the forum what everyone's favorite bird toy brand is or what their favorite website is to buy toys from? I see the following come up pretty often and I'd like everyone's take, as I'd love to spoil my Pineapple Conure this Christmas since it's her first Christmas with me, and I want to make sure I buy from the right brands!

- Happy Beaks Bird Toys
- JW Pet Company
- Living World
- Molly's Bird Toys
- Polly's Pet Products
- Bonka Bird Toys
- Prevue Hendryx
- Super Bird Creations
- Zoomax
- Mango Pet PRoducts
- Grasshopper Bird Toys
- Caitec

Thanks all!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I almost exclusively buy from our vendors here:

I really love Caitec Foragers. The rest from your list my bird doesn't care for, though I've never heard of Grasshopper

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I mainly buy from our vendors. If I buy "manufactured" toys, it's usually either Bonka Bird or Super Bird Creations.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Likewise, I mainly buy from board vendors. I don't have to guess if something is safe. I also trust Starbird and Caitec foragers.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If it's not from our vendors, it's most likely something from Super Bird Creations. My local bird store also carries some small make brands, I only buy those items if I know what all the materials are and feel safe giving them to Jade.

Edit to add: I'm not a fan of most of the toys from Bonka Bird Toys, but I do have many of their boings just bc they were very reasonably priced lol.

Last edited:

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
If its not from the rescue, vendors, or i make them. Usually Super Bird Creations.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
i don’t normally buy from a specific brand, i just find something i think the boys will like, make sure it’s safe, and i buy it. i also make most of my toys:)

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
I buy from our vendors a lot of the time. For small birds, I like Lil Monsters Bird Toys a lot. I also like TBB Toys and BeMore for fully made toys, and CA Bird Nerds for parts.

If I don't buy from our vendors (betrayal!!) I sometimes place a big order at unapproved vendor. They're a Canadian company, so my USD has more buying power, and they have a lot of awesome stuff in their original toys section for small birds. I also sometimes get stuff from Amazon, but you have to be careful about the brand.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Censorship.... :rolleyes:
There are a few vendors that either asked for us to remove their name from our system, or that were found to be not in line with our community standards of safety, copyright, etc and thus are "censored".

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
There are a few vendors that either asked for us to remove their name from our system, or that were found to be not in line with our community standards of safety, copyright, etc and thus are "censored".
Interesting. I wonder what the reason was for them. Shrug.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
My top three brands are Super Bird Creations (interesting designs for foraging), Planet Pleasures (lots of variety), and Caitec (supplies to make your own toys). I've also made my own bird toys, and they're simple but entertaining for the budgies and cockatiel. Oxbow toys are intended for rodents but work surprisingly well for parrots! Percy loves playing with the wooden screws from Oxbow's shredding nets. She spends about 45 minutes each day picking up the screws, carrying them to various places in her cage and dropping them. They made a loud noise that scares the dog, which I think is her main reason for doing it! ;) When I make handmade bird toys, I use paper towel tubes and newspaper. Once I shred up the paper, I stuff it into the tubes (which can be cut to have fringes on the edges and to various lengths) and put some fun small toys and treats inside. The birds love watching me create them and sometimes try to help out. I've also cut the paper towel roll tubes into small circles and put many together to form a paper towel roll ball with treats and paper hidden inside. The toys are such a joy to make that I even recruited the neighborhood kids to help out (pre-pandemic). The birds loved it, and so did the kids! A batch of toys takes less than ten minutes with friends and/or family helping. I hope that you have a safe Christmas with your feathered friend! :)