• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's your bird's weird quirk?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt has way too many!
He’s a total underwear addict which can be quite embarrassing and expensive but he also pretends he’s busy eating when it’s lights out for bed time- he fossicks about in the pellet dish like he’s starved but if you get on the right angle you can clearly see he’s not eating he’s only picking pellets up and dropping them back. If I ignore his pretend hunger and turn the light off anyway he will carry on calling out “hello” and “are ya hungry” and continuously circle the top of his cage upside down, this will last for at least an hour. It’s just best to give him 5 minutes pretending to eat and coming back to turn the light off :laugh:

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
I forgot to mention- Oscar has a thing for knocking down lip balms (and not just off of shelves!) I used to have two that I used quite frequently on my dresser and every single time Oscar would knock them down, and turn his head sideways to see how they fell on the ground. You could see that he was full of malicious glee as he watched those lip balms fall. I've now removed them, but Oscar's found other things to knock over.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oscar clearly needs a set of bowling pins.

If I recall correctly Neelu, Peelu & Cheeko have such a set and play with it. Drawing a blank on the member's name.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
When I go to the sunroom I start playing music. One night I played a soft tune from Rod Stewart's newest album, well, Valentine didnt like it so she decided to let me know by coming out of my shirt and pecking my chin so I stopped playing it. After that she went back inside my shirt and was fine.

scotbird

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dayna
My SC2 Charlee has a strict bedtime at 9 o'clock at night and you have to say "bye bye Charlee" for her to go into her cage, but as soon as you do (even if she was snoozing at the top of her cage a second before), she'll start dancing and saying "hello". Bedtime is always a will of battles but she eventually concedes, muttering "bye bye Charlee" sadly to herself as she goes in.