• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's your bird's favorite music?

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
Hi fellow bird parents! I was just wondering what kind of music birds like. Sunflower likes to be sung to, and she seems to enjoy the Disney songs I listen to in the car. My husband says she also enjoys classical music.

Attachments

xgreenbudgiex

Walking the driveway
My Larry would only dance to "I am a banana" by "Parry Gripp", Strangely enough...:hehe:

Or if I was lucky, "Raining Tacos" was also favoured.....

Yep, birds are strange. :blink:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Koopa was my only bird that enjoyed music. She loved techno, upbeat songs. Her favorites were Thrift Shop by Macklemore, Rock N Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) by Skrillex...

I have a whole playlist still from her on my Spotify account. I listen to it a lot, and still add songs I know she'd love. Koopa's Dance Mix on Spotify

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird likes the music from the musical "Little Shop of Horrors." Especially the last song is the man eating plant (jerry louis) singing about how he's mean and green...and bad.

Bird goes crazy. I changed the words to, "I'm just a mean green birdie from outerspace". Of course.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Rio only gets classical here. I will sing to him a goodnight lullabye sometimes & he just looks & then gets sleepy...LOL He also has to listen to my sporatic opera as I used to sing opera but I don;t feel like singing much lately.

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
My finches love classical music, and Delilah I'm not exactly sure on what Delilah likes yet. Every time I put on a moderately fast song, she starts bobbing her head in this really cute little way:birdance::joyful:

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
sigh. Honkey-tonk. not country. not rock and roll. not classical. Honkey-tonk. Found it out by accident. She will whistle and ring her bell when it comes on. She has her own bird mix of music now.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine seems to like Latin music and vocal Jazz. He bobs his head up and down and squawks. I think it's the horns that he really likes. If he's eating, he won't pay much attention to music.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How interesting these answers are, especially because we are trying to find the right music for our bird room right now. I'll have to try some of these. So far 50s rock is winning.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
The only song Sunny ever responded to was Let It Go from Frozen. And I had tried all kinds of music with him. But he loved me to sing to him- which questions his musical taste. LOL. I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what Elvis likes. So far we've had the most response with "Put the Lime in the Coconut". LOL. Although he was doing some bopping to Imagine Dragons. I think it's the drums.

Hope

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hope
Our CAG likes One Direction (thanks to my 9 year old daughter) and we will rock you.