• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's the best pellet's for Grey's

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
I'd like to switch up my pellets. So I'm wondering are there some that are better suited for the Grey? Thanks in advance

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Any change in diet must be introduced quietly and just a little at a time. They do not usually take to a change immediately but if you persivere they do try the new foodstuff eventually.
I give my crew Harrisons pellets and they took ages to get used to them, but now no problem. That is with parrot mixture of seeds and fresh nuts plus fresh foodstuffs daily. They love their red, yellow and green fresh stuff! During the winter months I also feed them one warm feed a day usually before covering them for the night so that their crops are full and they stay warm. Good luck.

congobongo

Meeting neighbors
Why do you want to switch your pellet? What are you feeding now? Do they not like it?

I give all my parrots Pretty Bird but I also make sure they have daily fruit, veggies, nuts and a little seed mix. Plus Congo's need a bit more calcium so I give them broccoli and I will scramble eggs once a week and crush the eggshell up and mix it in with the egg for additional calcium.

You can also mix a seed mixture or your pellets with AviShine. My avian vet recommends it as well as Irena Shultz with Birdloversonly rescue (home of Snowball the dancing cockatoo).

Hope this helps.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
all mine get Zupreem Fruit Blend Pellets- just for the size of the bird eating it

my grey loves his
we bought a new seed mix over the weekend It's a Fruit N Nut mix (not much on the nuts however ) he's never had it as far as I know and he took right to it
he takes to everything we give him, He loves grapes, Banana's as well as apples but Fruit wise so far Grapes are his favorite he likes peppers Fresh or the dried out hot peppers in seed mixes he loves nuts as well but those aren't given often I have 2 kinds One is all out of the shell nut mix one is in Shell nut mix(no peanuts what so ever) we do have to help him with the walnuts and brazil nuts that are in the shells but the others in the mix he does on his own and enjoys opening them but he doesn't get either nut mix very often and both mixes are intended for human consumption the one with the shells Is the style you buy around Christmas time to put in a dish for your guests to munch on (if that makes sense lol)

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
Right now they eat the Zupreem Fruit Blend, and they enjoy it, but it's got all those colors..So I'm wondering if something is more natural w/o the coloring?

I also offer sleek & sassy seed mix along with fresh foods.

Both my timneh's are hardy eaters with big appetites, and willing to try new things. My congo and conure are a bit more picky, I just want to make sure their diet's are balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.