• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's my pionus doing? Head bobbing + wing raising

sharky

Sitting on the front steps
He's a 10mo DNA male. He'll be hanging out and then start bobbing his head and raising his wings a bit as if he were going to take off, but he's not interested in going anywhere. Doesn't seem to be regurgitating anything and will do it by both me and my partner as well as alone on his perch. Is he being horny?? Video linked!

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
My budgie does that sometimes to. I dont think its hormones, she shows no signs of that. I think its just an excited/heightened state or action.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I think he's just happy and excited so he's doing that to express himself. Now if he starts doing the Pionus strut I'd be worried and not touch him till the mood passes.

sharky

Sitting on the front steps
I think he's just happy and excited so he's doing that to express himself. Now if he starts doing the Pionus strut I'd be worried and not touch him till the mood passes.
he does a half strut sometimes, where he'll walk slowly with a flared tail but not poof up or drop the wings, it's super cute and funny (for now haha!). I think the instinct hits him but he's not quite sure what to do with it!

Good to confirm that he's just happy and excited. I want him to stay a baby forever