• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS What's in the Box? Avian Stainless SWS

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
I'll be up just not awake yet........gotta get kids out at that time for school......I'll just be starting my coffee injections at that time!!!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have to be up earlier tomorrow also but won't be up that early unless of course I stay up all night again.
I went to bed 7AM but laid in bed for at least an hour with visions of AS running through my head!

:rofl:

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
That's so cute!!
Not sure how anyone can function on a night without sleep:) Yikes!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I hate myself when I end up staying up later than I should.
Luckily I can fit my life in after 12PM most days.
I have a very flexible schedule & catch up on sleep during the day if no one rings my bell.
I'll try to get to sleep at 3AM tonight & be up around 12PM.
I'm also on call 24/7 but lately I frequently work from around 3PM until 8PM. So I don't have dinner til after 9PM.
I'm just naturally a night person.

Last edited:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
I hate myself when I end up staying up later than I should.
Luckily I can fit my life in after 12PM most days.
I have a very flexible schedule & catch up on sleep during the day if no one rings my bell.
I'll try to get to sleep at 3AM tonight & be up around 12PM.
I'm also on call 24/7 but lately I frequently work from around 3PM until 8PM. So I don't have dinner til after 9PM.
I'm just naturally a night person.

can I ask.....what do you do??

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I manage an apartment building. So in truth I live at work & can never go home.
I never really have a day off or can feel like hmmmm it's Friday. I can never lock the door & leave the world behind. Things just happen & I have to deal with it. I can't leave my apartment without the fear of running into a tenant & getting a complaint. It can be stressful & has it's trials & tribulations!

Last edited:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
oh....I see you are in SoCal.....What area? I'm from SoCal and my parents still live in the same house after 42 years.....the house I grew up in since I was 3! It's in San Marcos and can see the ocean from there......just around the corner from Oceanside and Carlsbad. I also lived in Ocean Beach, Crown Point and Pacific Beach!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, I would have never moved from home! Your parents are very lucky to have a house. I wish I had one!

I took a vacation here & something led me to Studio City. I fell in love with CA so I moved here from NY.
I came out here in 98 not knowing anyone & just decided Studio City was a central location so I rented an apt closeby sight unseen from NY.

I guess if I had thought more about it or did more research I should have picked something closer to the beach but I had to be practical as I came here with no job so it was more central with better opportunity for transportation!

I'm in the North Hollywood area in SFV so not close to the beach...I wish...its not that far but too far to easily reach by public transportation.

I'd love to live near the ocean. I've lived here since 1998 & I don't like change. The manager here got really sick with cancer & died. I had been here almost a year without a job using all my savings for rent. They needed a manager & I had many years of real estate management experience from behind a desk so I applied & I got it. I'm just happy I have a job & a roof over my head.
I can't do a 9 to 5 & out here its even 8 to 5. I'm also afraid to drive in the freeways so I'm stuck working at home anyway unless I could do public transportation. That's gotten better around here but bus & trains schedules still are limited. A lot of buildings want couples & want one of them to do maintenance repairs. They really try to pinch every penny they give you.
I don't get great compensation here & it's really barely enough to survive on but I do get an apartment.

I've had this job 16 years & the management is family owned & decent. I do worry about what I am going to do after retirement though...My SS is very low & apartments are pricy.

Ha...maybe more than you asked!!!!:rofl: At this point in life I can use all the advise I can get!