• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video What's Does This Sound Mean?

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
So Charlie will be 4 months old in 4 days and he still makes what I call his "baby noises", which I assume is normal. He doesn't seem to be asking for anything though; I've tried offering him seeds, pellets, water, even warm oatmeal for comfort, but he shows no interest, the only thing he will gladly accept, as always, is millet! So is he just asking for millet, or is this how 'tiels practice or learn how to sing? He does it when I scritch him or when I talk/sing/whistle to him, like he's trying to join in. I'm also curious about this weird yawn he does when making high pitched noises. Cockatiel owners, please enlighten me! :lol:
(Please excuse my whistling and the TV covering his lil noises)

RedFoxBlackSox

Walking the driveway
I haven’t heard my birds make this noise before! Very cute- I’m assuming someone more experienced than me would know :3

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
It is a noise babies make when hungry, or after they've eaten, sometimes droning on and on. Im not sure it has a meaning, just communicating with you.
In the video, he looks happy, and the head bob along with you whistling is adorable!!!
I cant get my phone to replay the video, but is Charlie DNA tested male? Its possible Charlie is female (all my babies have turned out female) and it is a sound young females make trying to sing along with you.
The yawn is them clearing their crop....my tiels yawn after scratching, rubbing their heads.
Excessive yawning is a sign of a respiratory problem though.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
@RedFoxBlackSox @CeciliaZ @Darklotus555 Thank you for your replies! The breeders supposedly DNA tested him and they made us a homemade certificate, but we don't have actual proof of the DNA test. He also seems to be starting to lose his pearls a little bit on his wings, but we'll see! :) Also he yawns/clear his crop a lot when doing his noises, and makes a really high pitched sound when doing so, it's pretty funny :3 He doesn't yawn excessively in other contexts though, phew! Thanks a lot for the informations Darklotus!!

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
Perfect example. Noel is 4 weeks old. Just took this after her lunch. Clearing crop, making similar noise. Shes quite content, maybe sleepy. Hope this helps.