• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Whats a good dog shampoo and smells great?

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I use off brands from walmart but found that the scent of it doesn’t last long and in the summer or warm weather times my dog is outside alot, she loves being outside!!

My dog is a black/tan shiba inu and she is 3 years old!! She is a unusual shiba because she LOVES everyone including strangers! This breed is known to be stand offish. She only gets like this when shes had too much attention like for example when we went to 2 different houses for christmas last year for family and alot of family there and she was pooped lol.

Anyways yeah thank you! I like a good lasting smell and also healthy for the dogs skins.

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Most will not last very long with dogs that go outside. I use waterless shampoos and freshening sprays between baths.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The scent in dog shampoo only lasts a little while. You could try dog cologne. There are many scents. Check with your local pet store. They should carry it or you can order it on line. I would only spray it on the upper shoulder or back area, don't over do it. Never use near eyes, mouth or nose. Dogs have a much stronger sense of smell than we do.

Seulregi

Meeting neighbors
I use Fido’s shampoo or maleseb, I recently tried TROOPETS and it smelt pretty great. But like others have said, shampoo doesn’t normally stick smell wise for very long, have a look into dog cologne :)

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
thank you I am not sure where to find dog cologne that lasts. I got a raspberry dog perfume at walmart its nice but doesnt last. My parents got this good dog cologne from the vet that smelled very fresh and lasted for literally a week or more, can’t find it. ow it was back i. the 90s.