• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What were your Quaker's 1st words

Quakerlady

Meeting neighbors
20200701_152528.jpg
My Quaker, POPCORN, is 14 weeks old and still begs me to handfeed her. I give her one hand feeding late in the day.
She loves to be wrapped up in a dish towel after her baths. It's the cutest thing as she looks like a papoose. Does any one have a Quaker who likes to be wrapped up? I've had 3 quakers before and none of them would have tolerated this.
Also, I would like to know how old your Quakers were when they said their first word and what was it!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Quaker was saying tickle tickle before I brought him home at 12 weeks

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Awww!! What a smart quaker!

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph was almost 6 months old when I brought him home. Right away, he liked imitating tapping and clicking sounds. The week after Ralph came home, maintenance workers were making some repairs in the apartment below ours. Ralph imitated the hammering sounds right away. It took a few weeks for him to begin imitating human speech. The first thing he learned to say: "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" When he'd squawk for my attention and I was busy with something, that's what I'd say to him. He still says that often. :D

Quakerlady

Meeting neighbors
Ralph was almost 6 months old when I brought him home. Right away, he liked imitating tapping and clicking sounds. The week after Ralph came home, maintenance workers were making some repairs in the apartment below ours. Ralph imitated the hammering sounds right away. It took a few weeks for him to begin imitating human speech. The first thing he learned to say: "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!" When he'd squawk for my attention and I was busy with something, that's what I'd say to him. He still says that often. :D
Love it! He is a smart little bird! Mine is 3 months old and is very loud. She just started to make loud kissy sounds. I can't wait until she talks and stops all of that squawking! Lord knows I am constantly repeating the same words and phrases to her. I guess they will talk when they are ready.
My friend's Quaker says "now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep!" Quakers really are the best!

Edie

Checking out the neighborhood
Tiki (Female turquoise Opaline) will be 5 months August 10. So far, she barks like my pomeranian. She tries to do my wolf whistle, but does it with her voice rather than the whistle sound!

Quakerlady

Meeting neighbors
Tiki (Female turquoise Opaline) will be 5 months August 10. So far, she barks like my pomeranian. She tries to do my wolf whistle, but does it with her voice rather than the whistle sound!
They say the AVERAGE age for a Quaker to begin talking is 6 months. My POPCORN is just over e months and is practicing her people words. Although, she doesn't have it down yet, I am hopeful she will eventually! Tiki must be very pretty! How much does she weigh? Mine weighs on average 82 grams. She is small.

Reactions: Ali

BudgieQuaker

Meeting neighbors
View attachment 348545
My Quaker, POPCORN, is 14 weeks old and still begs me to handfeed her. I give her one hand feeding late in the day.
She loves to be wrapped up in a dish towel after her baths. It's the cutest thing as she looks like a papoose. Does any one have a Quaker who likes to be wrapped up? I've had 3 quakers before and none of them would have tolerated this.
Also, I would like to know how old your Quakers were when they said their first word and what was it!
I got Kiwi when he was 2 months old, 3 days later he learned to say his first word, Mama!