• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What was Bugging My Bird?!

Nostromo

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Hi all...

So this morning my blue head girl was squawking and marching anxiously around the little door that opens from her cage, which is her usual morning hangout. Typically she'll come to the perch on the exterior of her cage and look out the window for a while before flying over to steal some of our food. But today she was pacing and yelling! She's recently recovered from a respiratory infection, so I was a little concerned - I went up to talk to her and she snapped that beak at me, damn! :scared2:

I was perplexed; I nudged her off the cage onto my hand (carefully, with a please-don't-chomp-me look) and brought her to her big play gym/perch by our other window. That was when I heard it - a flock of local wild parrots screaming outside, flying all around our neighborhood! No wonder she was loosing it. We're in Los Angeles, and they're one of the Pasadena Yellowhead Amazon flocks, escaped from a pet store, or so the story goes, when the store burned down in the 70s. :dyh:

Makes me wonder what she sees and hears when these wild cousins of hers are flying by... I'm sad she doesn't get that rich wild life. On the other hand, her reaction seems less "oh I wish I could join you!" than "get the frick out of my yard!" :laughin: