• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What type of IRN do i have?

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hello ^_^
So when tweety arrived home i thought i have a natural green IRN but with every month passed his colours changed a lot.
His tail was green and now all of the new tail is yellow. As well as his back, upper chest and his wing...
At some point i thought tweety was a girl but now he's getting very dark grey ring and it's getting thicker even day besides his behaviours to other IRN.
I think he'd look something like this in the picture *Opaline greygreen/blue male*
Since his head till now all green
So what you think?
I want to know which type his is because at least I'd know something about him for sure because i don't know the exact age of him unfuourntly :"(
I use this site to figure out his mutations;:

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Tweety is beautiful.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Really beautiful seems like an ombré, tweety is probably around 17 months since that is the typical age when irn males receive their rings

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Really beautiful seems like an ombré, tweety is probably around 17 months since that is the typical age when irn males receive their rings
Oh never heard of ombrè!
Yeah i guess so. I thought he was around 7 to 10 months because he was really small and have pretty bad molting

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no, it’s not an actual coloration just a way of saying a gradient of colors

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Angela, did you see the link Expressmailtome posted? It´s very interesting! I didn´t know there were so many mutations!

Your bird seems to be a pied or a grizzle.
Would the beak not rule out pied? OPs bird has black lower mandible, like the description for Grizzle.
Pied states the bird would have red on upper and lower beak.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Did he ever have a blue or grey tail feathers? Does appear to be greygreen at minimum. The "/blue" means split blue and is not something you can see visually.

Females can also get a 'ghost' ring... so unless that ring comes in dark like one image your shared, still can't be sure you have a male. Behavior wise, was leaning towards male.

Me personally though? I would recommend finding an avian vet to rule out PBFD. It's a disease that can either kill birds quickly or they can live for several years with feather loss, poor feather quality possibly beak issues. I don't mean to alarm you, just as a precautionary.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Angela, did you see the link Expressmailtome posted? It´s very interesting! I didn´t know there were so many mutations!

Would the beak not rule out pied? OPs bird has black lower mandible, like the description for Grizzle.
I believe so, but as I am by no means positive I included it so that the poster can google for pictures of other people's birds to get a better idea based on what the bird looks like in person as opposed to in a picture.

Angela_2

Walking the driveway

Yeah i did. It's very interesting but i still confused though
His upper beak is red and lower in black

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
I believe so, but as I am by no means positive I included it so that the poster can google for pictures of other people's birds to get a better idea based on what the bird looks like in person as opposed to in a picture.
I googled every type i see similar but still not sure yet

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Did he ever have a blue or grey tail feathers? Does appear to be greygreen at minimum. The "/blue" means split blue and is not something you can see visually.

Females can also get a 'ghost' ring... so unless that ring comes in dark like one image your shared, still can't be sure you have a male. Behavior wise, was leaning towards male.

Me personally though? I would recommend finding an avian vet to rule out PBFD. It's a disease that can either kill birds quickly or they can live for several years with feather loss, poor feather quality possibly beak issues. I don't mean to alarm you, just as a precautionary.
I didn't see any blue feathers anywhere....
I got what you meant by ghost ring but what tweety has is getting more darker till now. So yes I'm not sure yet anyway.

Oh my God i don't have any vet around :(
This disease scares me since i got him because he was badly molting but now he looks fine. I wish if i have vet around to check everything though :sad11:
Thank you for sharing those btw

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If there are absolutely no avian vets you can get to, you can always try sending a sample to a lab. I'm not familiar with labs, nor am I sure how accurate they are, but here is one possibility.