• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What tunes/songs have you adapted for your birds?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Example; tune of KitKat commercial
"Give me a snack! Give me a snack! Break me off a piece of that Avi-cake!"

I know there's all sorts of silly songs I've sung to my birds, I just can't recall them at the moment. :lol:

Embrace your weirdness. :)

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
The Scooby Doo theme song like Sulley Wulley Woo
Stitch is Stitchy Witchy pudding and pie
Honestly I change basically any song to be something about them and how much I love them lol

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Oh dear... It's a been a habit for a while with the dogs! Almost everyone has their own version of the teacup song, a few waltzing Matildas or kookaburra tunes. Monaco gets several versions of twinkle which is the only one she likes to sing. Beautiful dreamer.... Monaco, biiirdie, stop screaming at me!

I like your kitkat version!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I mentioned this elsewhere but I always sing "Mabel, you're gonna be the one that saves us...cos after all, you're my Mabel wall" (Wonderwall by Oasis). It's pure nonsense :lol:

annafauna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Anna
LOL, I'm so glad that other people do this! I always used to sing the Beatles' "I Will" to my daughters when they were babies, so when I'm trying to coax Snowy out of her cage (with millet), that's what I sing -- but I replace all the "you"s with "seeds". "Sing it loud, so I can hear seeds / Make it easy to be near seeds / For the things seeds do endear seeds to me." It's so stupid, but she likes the tune.

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
We sing several versions of different nursery rhymes. Every night at bedtime it goes:
Night Night
Sleep Tight,
Don’t Fly Away Tonight,
Mama will See You in the Morning,
Mama will be here All Night
Mama loves Boo.
Then In his little gravel Quaker voice, Boo says “Night Night Mama, Mama loves Boo. “
:rockby:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Would sing and cuddle my macaw with the tune 'Tiny Bubbles' ... tho I'm not a Champagne drinker.
Our Umbrella, Abby, would dance to the tune 'If you're happy and you know it'... then stop exactly at the end!
Can't remember the tune, something with 'grey' in it to sing to my African Grey...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Buzzard's is "My Little Buzzardcup" instead of My Little Buttercup from The Three Amigos:

My little Buzzardcup has the sweetest smile, Dear little Buzzard-cup won't you stay a while?
Come with me where moonbeams paint the sky, and you and I might linger in the sweet by and by, oh...

Dear little Buzzardcup with your tail so blue, Oh little Buzzardcup you're a dream come true.
You and I will settle down on a playstand built for two, oh...
Dear little Buzzardcup,
Sweet Little Buzzardcup,

Smile little Buzzardcup, I love you.
1614011620092.png

And Puffin's is "Puffalumpy, You're the One" from the chorus of Ernie's Rubber Ducky song. :justducky:

Puffalumpy, you're the one.
You make
*insert chore here* lots of fun!
Puffalumpy I'm awfully fond of you. :swoon:

Soft Kitty...
I'd forgotten I used to sing this song for Buzz!

Soft Buzzy, warm Buzzy, little ball of blue;
Happy Buzzy, sleepy Buzzy, I love you.
:xflove:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't yet. A family member sings Jeff Black's Curoo Curoo (Carol of the birds) to my budgies. In "The lark, the dove and the red bird came.", they replace "red bird" with "budgies". LOL. :laugh:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Peatree's is the Kookaburra song.... "Peachaburra sits in the old fake tree, chasing all the budgies she can see! Stop! Peachaburra stop! Peachaburra leave those budgies be."

Jester Bean's song was a modified version of Dancing Queen. "Dancing Bean, young and mean/sweet (depending on the day :p ), only (insert age at the time)." "You can dance, you can squawk, having the time of your life! Ooooh, see that bird, watch him scream, digging the dancing Bean!"

I haven't done this one in a very long time, but when I got Weasley I would sing a modified version of the Goodbye song from Bear in the Big Blue House when I put her to bed. I just changed the "goodbyes" to "good nights".

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Would sing and cuddle my macaw with the tune 'Tiny Bubbles' ... tho I'm not a Champagne drinker.
Our Umbrella, Abby, would dance to the tune 'If you're happy and you know it'... then stop exactly at the end!
Can't remember the tune, something with 'grey' in it to sing to my African Grey...
I REMEMBER-- it was 'You are my Sunshine'! :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Sometimes I sing "Little Bird" from Man From LaMancha to Jason. I sing Jason bird Jason bird will you speak to me.

I really can't hold a tune very well so mostly I just make stuff up as I go along.

I do read "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe to Jason changing it to quoth the Jason Nevermore.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I do a few stupid ones that are never the same but my son says all my songs change so no one else can join in lol... makes him pay attention to me which is a miracle given that most 23yr olds don’t listen to anything that their mum says let alone sings :roflmao:

Every morning Burt gets:-
You are my sunshine
My blue and yellow sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey. Everything from this point on changes daily depending on what I’m thinking or what we have planned for the day. It’s pretty bad really, I feel sorry for him having to listen but some times he joins in. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't done this one in a very long time, but when I got Weasley I would sing a modified version of the Goodbye song from Bear in the Big Blue House when I put her to bed. I just changed the "goodbyes" to "good nights".
I do this one as well sometimes! "Good bye, good bye, good birds good bye, I'll see you very soon I know"

MandaRose

Moving in
Real Name
Amanda Cottman
My B&G’s favorite thing to dance to...

Go girl, it’s your birthday,
Go girl, do it anyway,
Go girl, go girl,
Go, go, go girl...

and on and on the two of us dance together:wacky:... anyone want to see a video of her dancing to this silliness?!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
My B&G’s favorite thing to dance to...

Go girl, it’s your birthday,
Go girl, do it anyway,
Go girl, go girl,
Go, go, go girl...

and on and on the two of us dance together:wacky:... anyone want to see a video of her dancing to this silliness?!
Sure

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I forgot about "In the Jungle".

In the bird room, the lively bird room
Jason plays tonight.