• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What toys do your linnies like?

Alliusis

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Caitlin
Hi all!

I have a few toys in Joey and Jocy's cage, but I believe they're too big, and they don't seem interested. This morning I stuffed some with little millet bundles, I can only hope that keeps their attention. Even then, Jocy was ignoring everything and going back and forth across the cage, one way on a perch, the other on the cage ceiling. I have limited funds right now but I would like to get them at least one or two toys that they might like. In your experience what do your linnies like to play with? Thanks!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi is 10 months old and she loves to play. Her favorites are soft sola wood and wicker type toys that she can destroy, bells she can ring, long toys she can flip over perches, leather knots and dangling strings to chew, and her rope swing, boings and orbiter.

Size isn't much of an issue. Big or small, if she can manipulate them in some way, she's happy. Although it takes her a few days or even a week to warm up to something completely new. If it's similar to something she already had, she checks it out right away.

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My boys Caspar and Emrys, especially Emrys, love to shred especially Sola and balsa, and they'll chew on pine. There is this neat toy with plastic curlies they like. They also are suuuuper into chewing foam. (it's not like Styrofoam, idk what it is.) I have purchased a lot of things from Cabirdnerds.com because they sell the parts, which is cheaper and a good way to experiment different textures and surfaces etc. I will literally take a couple pieces of balsa and maybe loofah and string it up. Lilmonsters for sure has some really cool small bird stuff, I'm looking forward to my order coming this weekend! (mainly for my lovebird, though) My boys also enjoy romping around on their rope swing. And eating. Every linnie loves to eat!

Attachments

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
"And we can poop on it!" A solid necessity for a linnie!

Alliusis

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Caitlin
Thank you all so much for your recommendations! I'll start experimenting with some stuff :) I think I have some of the foam-that's-not-foam in my budgies cage so I might offer them a bit of that and see if they like it! Happy holidays!